2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Pepe Silvia

fantastic showing of superiority by Barca.

Rooney was left to his own devices to playmake attack for the better part of the match. That was too much to ask of for anyone really.

Chicharito just lacked service and experience to stay onside grand occassion understandable.

Park was wack, Valencia was owned by Abi, Vidic and Rio were slow and very old looking. In all they got destroyed.

No diving no playacting no crowding refs. No excuses.

Xavi was magical. I don't think I saw him walking once.

Iniesta was like injecting heroin in your eyes.

Messi my lawd just out to kill the whole time. Villa and Pedro's pressure and relentlesness were so critical.

Ill be back to post more once I get to a laptop :)

Congrats guys we did it!!! Barca!!!!!!!!!! :worthy:

innniesta

SAF is the best manager of all time, he shouldnt be compared to mourinho.

This is seen as the worst manchester team of all time and they still made it to the final and won the EPL, i think the difference between united and other teams (apart from barcelona as they are just unreal) is that they are more consistent. This is probably why they win the EPL almost every year but then lose out in the champions league. They dont have the BEST team, but are very very consistent in that they can always grind out wins. However, on a one of basis in a huge game they don't have the players i think to match a team like barcelona as their squad isnt particularly full of stars. Everytime he builds his team around someone, that person gets sold and he has to rebuild his team again but then somehow still does well. Imagine if barcelona lost messi next year, im not sure whether they could still win laliga or the champions league. Apart from rooney, i think many other teams have more stars than manchester but manchester still does better than all of them (except barca)

D

datapunkk

The only problem I have with Fergie is he tends to act like a sore loser (my opinion) when United loses. Prime example would be saying "typical Germans" after last year's CL Semi final referring to Bayern's players when they were asking the ref for a card. I agree players shouldn't do that. I agree Alex Ferguson is a legend,too. But that makes it even more unacceptable for him to say such things.
Guaridola, tactically, aint better than Fergie. But when we lost to inter. He said the better team won. Had that Bojan goal stood we would have gone through. Not taking anything away from Inter though. We create many chances regardless of who the opponent is but that night we had to talk about a disallowed goal on and on cuz there wasn't anything else to talk about..RESPECT to Inter. Congrats to all cules. Madddd respect for United fans and players and SAF for their humility towards Barca. VIVA FUTBOL!

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
fantastic showing of superiority by Barca.

Rooney was left to his own devices to playmake attack for the better part of the match. That was too much to ask of for anyone really.

Chicharito just lacked service and experience to stay onside grand occassion understandable.

Park was wack, Valencia was owned by Abi, Vidic and Rio were slow and very old looking. In all they got destroyed.

No diving no playacting no crowding refs. No excuses.

Xavi was magical. I don't think I saw him walking once.

Iniesta was like injecting heroin in your eyes.

Messi my lawd just out to kill the whole time. Villa and Pedro's pressure and relentlesness were so critical.

Ill be back to post more once I get to a laptop :)

Congrats guys we did it!!! Barca!!!!!!!!!! :worthy:

Iniesta was so quite, yet so sick. He was winning fouls and wasting time with that, he was making so many sick turns to get the ball out of tricky situations and he was holding onto the ball until things cleared up. My favorite player to watch.

I did not say anything about the match but I did participate in the chat a little bit.

The game went in three phases, with Barcelona making the best of it.

Is Barcelona playable? Yes. Are they the deserved winners? Yes. Would have it been a shame if they didn't win? Yes. Give them space to play and they will murder you, and give them time to play and they will find the space to kill you. Manchester United had the game, as they did last time, in the first ten minutes and then retreated. If they had organized their running more, they would have scored, Alves was so shit, Xavi was always hustled off the ball, Iniesta did not make a single forward run, Messi dropped extremely deep. That was Manchester's chance, and they did not take it. They gave Barcelona the ball and for a moment spectated, only to realize that they have just given Barcelona what they want the most, the ball. The goal was only a matter of time and it did come, classic Barcelona. Pedro, cheeky fucker just hanging out all on his own and he wouldn't miss it for the world. VDS was shit in keeping it out standing in the middle of the goal too.

When Man U had no other choice but to press Barcelona, Rooney did very very well to score. His goal, was better than all of Barcelona's goals. Sick one twos, sick finish, a lot of determination.

Second half I thought Man U would have the edge, more motivated, they had controlled the game the first ten minutes and they would just have to repeat that. Except they failed where Madrid did, they scattered the ball for Chicharito to chase and for Rooney to fight for. Not a chance in hell against Pique and Mascherano. With Busquets dictating the play so deep, they were just all over the place and worse, out of breathe. Madrid were able to maintain their strength and stamina, Man U were, in the words of SAF, shot! They were beat, at 1-1.

Messi just curled it around Vidic and VDS didnt even see it, not until its too late anyways for his tall body. At 2-1, Man U were content with the defeat so was Alex. Villa had to get in there, he was working his ass off the first half, and I think this was the most perfect strike ever, what a wicked curl, such a tease. No chance in hell anyone could get to that. Proves to be the best striker in the world, just a magnificent shot. One wish: Come on Del Bosque, use him the full 90 minutes, tire him out!!!

Not to take anything away from this Man U, their sheer balance and instinct has taken them far, but I thought this final should have been between the best two in the world, Madrid vs Barcelona. Barca might have still went home winners, though they would have put up a much tighter challenge.

Again, Barcelona are playable, you'd just have to have the confidence to play them. Problem is, no one ever does, not with so much at stake anyways.

M

Magus

Did Villa's goal remind anybody else of Iniesta's last minute goal vs Chelsea?
Hell yeah!!!
p.s.: I'm proud that we and Manchester showed RM what football is and more importantly, we've shown them how to win and NOT drop a cup!

gingerless

Iniesta was so quite, yet so sick. He was winning fouls and wasting time with that, he was making so many sick turns to get the ball out of tricky situations and he was holding onto the ball until things cleared up. My favorite player to watch.

I did not say anything about the match but I did participate in the chat a little bit.

The game went in three phases, with Barcelona making the best of it.

Is Barcelona playable? Yes. Are they the deserved winners? Yes. Would have it been a shame if they didn't win? Yes. Give them space to play and they will murder you, and give them time to play and they will find the space to kill you. Manchester United had the game, as they did last time, in the first ten minutes and then retreated. If they had organized their running more, they would have scored, Alves was so shit, Xavi was always hustled off the ball, Iniesta did not make a single forward run, Messi dropped extremely deep. That was Manchester's chance, and they did not take it. They gave Barcelona the ball and for a moment spectated, only to realize that they have just given Barcelona what they want the most, the ball. The goal was only a matter of time and it did come, classic Barcelona. Pedro, cheeky fucker just hanging out all on his own and he wouldn't miss it for the world. VDS was shit in keeping it out standing in the middle of the goal too.

When Man U had no other choice but to press Barcelona, Rooney did very very well to score. His goal, was better than all of Barcelona's goals. Sick one twos, sick finish, a lot of determination.

Second half I thought Man U would have the edge, more motivated, they had controlled the game the first ten minutes and they would just have to repeat that. Except they failed where Madrid did, they scattered the ball for Chicharito to chase and for Rooney to fight for. Not a chance in hell against Pique and Mascherano. With Busquets dictating the play so deep, they were just all over the place and worse, out of breathe. Madrid were able to maintain their strength and stamina, Man U were, in the words of SAF, shot! They were beat, at 1-1.

Messi just curled it around Vidic and VDS didnt even see it, not until its too late anyways for his tall body. At 2-1, Man U were content with the defeat so was Alex. Villa had to get in there, he was working his ass off the first half, and I think this was the most perfect strike ever, what a wicked curl, such a tease. No chance in hell anyone could get to that. Proves to be the best striker in the world, just a magnificent shot.
Not to take anything away from this Man U, their sheer balance and instinct has taken them far, but I thought this final should have been between the best two in the world, Madrid vs Barcelona. Barca might have still went home winners, though they would have put up a much tighter challenge.

Again, Barcelona are playable, you'd just have to have the confidence to play them. Problem is, no one ever does, not with so much at stake anyways.

mostly agree, it's just easier said than done

One wish: Come on Del Bosque, use him the full 90 minutes, tire him out!!!

you jive mother....

Last edited:

barcaboy15

I've just been thinking about it and Guardiola is such a phenomenal manager and his acheivements so far really are unbelievably mind-boggling.

He has won 2 CLs in 3 years! That is just amazing - compare that to other 'great' recent managers - Ferguson, Mourinho, Del Bosque, Ancelotti, Wenger :)lol:) and they can't even get close to that.

He has won 3 leagues in his first 3 years! Again, what other manager can say that?

And then consider the style in which he has done it, with breathtaking attacking football (tiki-taka;)) and with a huge majority of the team from the Barcelona youth system. Again, what other hugely successfull team can say that? They all strugle to have 1 youth player in their XI.

---------------

On another note, I need everyone's advice for something -

I'm gonna buy a signed Barcelona shirt (the home one from this GREAT year) and can't decide whether to get Iniesta (my favourite player) or Messi (simply the greatest player of all time)? Help me!

innniesta

the thing that made me happy was we finally saw a good game. The madrid games were so annoying/boring compared to this, this is how the game should be played. After watching a spectacular game like this just makes me hate mourinho even more...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Must...have

1306663977020.jpg

Home of Barca Fans