2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

DucdeOrléans

Everything can unfortunately happen in a final. Had we played Man U over 10 games I think we would win 7 out of 10 times (or something like that). We are favourites, but not that big as the media and bookmakers claim.

Valdes

Alves-Puyol-Pique-Abidal

Busquets
Xavi-Iniesta

Pedro-Messi-Villa

Or

Valdes

Alves-Puyol-Pique-Abidal

Mascherano-Busquets

Xavi

Iniesta-Messi-Villa

I think Pep will stick to the first option (and regular lineup)

Would be amazing if we won our 3 CL-titel in 5 years! (2006-2011)

DucdeOrléans

Just out of curiosity? Who would you identify as a weakness in your team? If any?

Our defence if I should choose, mainly Alves who can be exposed on the counter, while Busquets tends to be sloppy from time to time.

Pedros and Villas lack of form lately could also be a weakness.

Creepy

Lack of concentration and overconfidence are the biggest weaknesses Barca players could commit. Beside that I don't see anything else.

OK, Thanks. You have probably identified our midfield as our weak point. IMO, Our creatively will come from Valencia or Rooney. Carrick, Fletcher, Park will solely be there to try to stop you playing your game.

Creepy

Our defence if I should choose, mainly Alves who can be exposed on the counter, while Busquets tends to be sloppy from time to time.

Pedros and Villas lack of form lately could also be a weakness.

Yeah, I noticed someone posted earlier that Busquets can make mistakes. I remember own goal against Arsenal but that is it.

Unbiased United

There is nothing disrespectful in my post and if so, please accept my apology. Maybe I am overly confident but this team has given me all reason to feel this way. Trust me, I am also a harsh critic of Barca as I think they can do a lot better, so I am not saying we are indomitable. I have a healthy dose of respect for ManU and I very aware of what you guys are capable of but like I stated, we are stronger in those critical departments, if not all. It will not be a walk in the part, considering we are playing against the best team in England but if our guys stay focused and mean business, it will be a tough game for you to win, simple as that. Real Madrid is a tougher side we just disposed off, so theoretically we should be able to pull this through with hard work.

My prediction is that you guys will come to defend mostly but problem is no one does this better against Barca that Mourinho albeit with dirty tricks. I see SAF is taking some tips from Mou. Teams that pose us problems are the likes of Arsenal and Shatkhar who come out attacking in full force but you guys do not have such personel, especially when you take out wild cards like Nani, although undisciplined, who IMHO is required in games like this.

Play overly disciplined defensive football and you will be beat by Barca although by a very fine margin. Also, folks like Vidic do not have the temperament to pull this kind of focused defense for 90 minutes. Come and actually try to attack and pressure the ball as this will rattle our cage a little and maybe take us off our game but how do you propose to do this all day long with Giggs marshaling the center? Love the guy but he is 37 for goodness sake! Anderson is very deterministic and is no serious threat going forward. I have the same issue on Anderson as I have with our Busquets -lack of balls. In contrast, compare this to Iniesta, Xavi and Messi and you wee why I have so much believe we can finish the job.

You guys are definitely better at set pieces so if you rattle our defenses, which is easy to do, you will get a lot more free kicks. I realize ManU can win this too but I place my bet on Barca.

I understand wwhy you are confident, You follow a superb football team, and I would be too. But I still think you are speaking without the full realisation of just how United operate. Watch our games, we attack at every opportunity, we are top scorers in our league and have the EPL's top scorer in our team. United under SAF have only ever played to win. Sure this season our defence has been key, and no matter what anyone says here, I believe we have the best defence in the world...That said its still going to have a rough time against Barca.

I'll run it through so you get the picture. Rooney and Hernandez, the best player in the EPL, with one of the best prospects in the EPL (not many neutral fans would argue with that), as our two strikers. valenia and Park/orNani all with skill and pace, and CONSTANTLY attacking down the wings. Plus our wing backs, Evra, and Rafael, are easily capable of playing on the wings and always make attacking runs forward.

Barca can be that good they can stop teams from attacking, but I know we will be playing to attack at every possible opportunity, luckily for you Pep won't underestimate us like you do, and will be fully aware of the threat we pose.

I see this as a 50/50 we are better than 09 but so are they imo, and SAF is a great coach i expect him to have learned something from that 09 final and he is gonna have a better gameplay. in any case i trust Barca 100% that they can play their best game and bring home the 4th CL. i hope we see a fair and entertaining game unlike the first three clasicos.

well said! :)

you need at least one of giggs or scholes to start or else United's Midfield will be in trouble

Scholes...no chance, Giggs...i hope so!

M

Masri

Of course it won't be as easy game for both sides; but I think that Ferguson would have the upper hand if compared to Guardiola. However, there is no tactics against 11 skillful players... I think that would be the game.

N

Neil1984

Barca's weaknesses defensively are at full back. Pacey wingers have caused them problems before, especially at left back. Busquets is the most likely player to give the ball away and as such I would target him for some pressure and force some wayward passes. Other than that, I always feel afraid when Barca concede corners due to the relative lack of height except for Pique, Puyol and Busquets, but it never seems to cause them the problems that it probably should (though in 2009 if Berbatov wasn't so wasteful United had some great opportunites to score from headers).

United's weakness, and it's a big one, is midfield. If Fletcher comes back then that will improve but it's still a galaxy behind Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta.

It'll be a good one.

As someone who grew up supporting United and independently took an interest in barca in the mid to late 90s (my favourite player is still the legend Lucho, Luis Enrique.) and who now supports both unless they play each other (I'll be an avid United fan on the 28th, sorry guys!) I just hope for a great game, between 2 great teams, that showcases why these 2 teams have been Europes best for the past 6 years.

Home of Barca Fans