2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Unbiased United

Madrid was a tougher opponent for sure.

They were even stronger with CR7 and we managed to beat them 2-0. No arrogance here but I simply do not see ManU beating Barca.

Agreed. I watch ManU also and yes, Barca is superior in every single department.

We never do long shots anyway :)

You obviously don't watch Man Utd games, because if you did you wouldn't have such self assured arrogance. If you saw what I see every game you wouldn't be so confident. I am not a blinkered fan however, so I won't be making any ridiculous comments. I'll say again its our 3rd final in 4 yrs, even your boys cant claim that! One game, two great teams, and 22 great players. Could go either way.

Watch more ManU games and maybe you'll take those specticles off.

W

woobie

Hahaha, Ed. Me cook an english breakfast? Fried toast, perhaps. But blood pudding? Ew. Nothx.

I shall do something wild and crazy in the event that I can actually get my hands on a ticket.

(And they say bugger a lot on BBC America shows!)

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
You obviously don't watch Man Utd games, because if you did you wouldn't have such self assured arrogance. If you saw what I see every game you wouldn't be so confident. I am not a blinkered fan however, so I won't be making any ridiculous comments. I'll say again its our 3rd final in 4 yrs, even your boys cant claim that! One game, two great teams, and 22 great players. Could go either way.

:lol:.....so 3 finals in 4 years congrtaz.....we cant claim that....u are english...congratz we cant claim that either......u have won many PL titles....oh shit we cant claim that either :lol:

the fact of the matter is we both have the same number of CL titles won in the last couple of years and lets see how this one will play out but in my eyes and the world's eyes we are favorites

Iam kinda curious to see how Man Utd will try and stop us from playing especially in the midfield. Will they stack the midfield with Fletcher Park and Anderson? will Giggs and Scholes play? What about Nani and Valencia? whatever formation they use I believe it will hamper there chances of winning more than it will ours. Man Utd try and stak the midfield with three destroyers: they give up their Attack, they try and be attacking then Man Utds midfield will be overun

Unbiased United

:lol:.....so 3 finals in 4 years congrtaz.....we cant claim that....u are english...congratz we cant claim that either......u have won many PL titles....oh shit we cant claim that either :lol:

the fact of the matter is we both have the same number of CL titles won in the last couple of years and lets see how this one will play out but in my eyes and the world's eyes we are favorites

Read my previous post's. I think Barca are a superb team, and admit they are favourites, but reading some of these comments, you'd think it was a lower league Polish team you are up against....Not one of the greatest and biggest teams in Europe. It just annoys me that the respect and honest opinions I have about this tie, aren't reciprocated buy some people here. Don't blindly just assume your team will win, without at least having watched the majority of their opponents games. If you had you would have more respect.

e28makaveli

I have watched enough ManU (my third fav team after Arsenal) games to be absolutely certain that Barca have what it takes to win this game. Scholes used to be one of my favourite players but he is way past it. No offense but Barca is stronger in all departments. We can start listing if you want. Barca is a very efficient footballing machine and works better as a unit compared to ManU. Your players do not communicate too well. I see a lot of erratic passing from ManU. U rely on an aging midfield and we have Messi, Xavi and Iniesta, the three players chosen for ballon d'or.

Yes, you have fast wingers but being fast without the ball is running to no where. Valencia for me will be trouble and it is very easy to rattle Dani Alves otherwise, I am not too worried. Fletcher may be given the task of marking Messi but he is no thug like Pepe or Las. So Messi will have an easier ride.

Rooney will be silenced just like CR7. The new forward (Chri... name slipped my mind).... should be no problem for Puyol + Abidal which leaves you the midfield in Nani or Valencia as Anderson cannot score to save his life, while Fletcher may be busy guarding Messi. Berbetov will probably come in off the bench but he has disappointed me many times with his work rate and concentration. He is the least of my worries. I worry most about the likes of Valencia and maybe Nani but the latter is not very effective in that he tries to do too much and loses possession too many times.

Vivic is a cheat, just like what he did against Arsenal and he may have an easier time against Pedro or Villa but the beauty about Barca is we still have Iniesta and Messi who can score. Evra may also pose a problem for Villa or Pedro as he is quick but Barca works like a machine with little triangular units that are quick to recuperate a lost ball. Based on what I saw how ManU played against Arsenal and Shalke I am sure Barca can pull this through. Also, if Barca plays their supporting and triangulating football, I am sorry, you will be chasing that ball all day long. Barca has weaknesses too ManU has more. The best team will win.

Last edited:

Unbiased United

Iam kinda curious to see how Man Utd will try and stop us from playing especially in the midfield. Will they stack the midfield with Fletcher Park and Anderson? will Giggs and Scholes play? What about Nani and Valencia? whatever formation they use I believe it will hamper there chances of winning more than it will ours. Man Utd try and stak the midfield with three destroyers: they give up their Attack, they try and be attacking then Man Utds midfield will be overun

It will be tough for sure, but i think we will stick with two center mid and two wingers, with Rooney dropping back to help when needed (which he is very good at). If we can defend excellently agaisnt a superb Barca team, then I really believe with our pace and quick counter attacks we can hurt Barca, but yeah it will be tough.

It will be tough for sure, but i think we will stick with two center mid and two wingers, with Rooney dropping back to help when needed (which he is very good at). If we can defend excellently agaisnt a superb Barca team, then I really believe with our pace and quick counter attacks we can hurt Barca, but yeah it will be tough.

Who would you say would be best equiped to play as the two center mids? I think your best players would be anderson and probably fletcher. Carricks a liabilty lolol

Unbiased United

I have watched enough ManU (my third fav team after Arsenal) games to be absolutely certain that Barca have what it takes to win this game. Scholes used to be one of my favourite players but he is way past it. No offense but Barca is stronger in all departments. We can start listing if you want. Barca is a very efficient footballing machine and works better as a unit compared to ManU. Your players do not communicate too well. I see a lot of erratic passing from ManU. U rely on an aging midfield and we have Messi, Xavi and Iniesta, the three players chosen for ballon d'or.

Yes, you have fast wingers but being fast without the ball is running to no where. Valencia for me will be trouble and it is very easy to rattle Dani Alves otherwise, I am not too worried. Fletcher may be given the task of marking Messi but he is no thug like Pepe or Las. So Messi will have an easier ride.

Rooney will be silenced just like CR7. The new forward (Chri... name slipped my mind).... should be no problem for Puyol + Abidal which leaves you the midfield in Nani or Valencia as Anderson cannot score to save his life, while Fletcher may be busy guarding Messi. Berbetov will probably come in off the bench but he has disappointed me many times with his work rate and concentration. He is the least of my worries. I worry most about the likes of Valencia and maybe Nani but the latter is not very effective in that he tries to do too much and loses possession too many times.

Vivic is a cheat, just like what he did against Arsenal and he may have an easier time against Pedro or Villa but the beauty about Barca is we still have Iniesta and Messi who can score. Evra may also pose a problem for Villa or Pedro as he is quick but Barca function as a team. Based on what I saw against Arsenal and Shalke I am sure Barca can pull this through. Also, if Barca plays their supporting and triangulating football, I am sorry, you will be chasing that ball all day long. Barca has weaknesses too ManU has more. The best team will win.

I just can't see how you watch ManU games when you mention Scholes, you don't know he only plays in easy games these days. He will be lucky to be sub. Also Nani won't start has he hasn't in our tough CL games, which you'd know if you watched UTD. If Barca destroy United, I'll be the first here saying well done Barca, but until that happens and without real knowledge of my team I think its arrogant to suggest how easy it will be for you...

I for one am worried about barca's quality, an healthy respect if you like....maybe you should have the same?

Who would you say would be best equiped to play as the two center mids? I think your best players would be anderson and probably fletcher. Carricks a liabilty lolol

Yeah, you may be right, but Giggs has played superb in the CL in the middle this season, so I'd probably go with Giggs and Fletcher, but I wouldn't be upset if it was Anderson. Its gona be really tough in the middle for us either way...

W

woobie

For what it's worth, Unbiased, Scholes is probably my favourite English player. Even if he still can't quite tackle. He's got tremendous class and is underrated by many IMO.

Will United go for a Christmas Tree formation for this game? I seem to recall them having done so before in prior European games.

Unbiased United

For what it's worth, Unbiased, Scholes is probably my favourite English player. Even if he still can't quite tackle. He's got tremendous class and is underrated by many IMO.

Will United go for a Christmas Tree formation for this game? I seem to recall them having done so before in prior European games.

I agree Woobie, In the past he was a fantastic player for us, a true class act. But this season he's only played a bit part and hasn't really done much, which is a shame.

I don't think we will go for the 'christmas tree' because of Hernandez. So I think it will be more of a 4-4-2 this time, but I may be wrong.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
I agree Woobie, In the past he was a fantastic player for us, a true class act. But this season he's only played a bit part and hasn't really done much, which is a shame.

I don't think we will go for the 'christmas tree' because of Hernandez. So I think it will be more of a 4-4-2 this time, but I may be wrong.

Which system did you use in Rome?

Unbiased United

Lol...maybe my explanation wasn't clear enough, sorry about that. :(

I suppose really its like a 4-1-2-2-1 but its loosely put down as a 4-3-3. as in 4 defenders, 1 defensive mid, 2 center mid, 2 very high up wingers and a striker.

Edit...oh wait I meant 4-3-3!!! hahaha....silly me...sorry guys.

Home of Barca Fans