2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Wtf how the hell was it easier in the 70's and 80's?! You only played the champions back then and u had to win the league to qualify in the first place! Same argument you used for the tragic busby babes era I could convincingly say that were it not for our ban in europe in the 80's we would have won 1 or 2 European cups back then especially when u see who won it in 86 87 and 88. We would have been milan's only serious challengers to their dominance.

desoe

You only played the champions back then

That's exactly what makes it easier.

Now you're playing the best teams from the top leagues.

Back then you were playing the champions of countries like Belgium, Greece, Romania, Bulgaria and so on. You really think the champion of Romania is better than the third best team in England, for example? Think about it a little bit. Do you think now it's possible a bulgarian team (CSKA Sofia) to have TWO semifinals with eliminating just a few teams from the tournament or romanian team (Steaua) to actually win it?

CL is miles ahead than anything it was before the 90's, don't try to argue this.

Last edited:

Mes que un club

Indeed, Xavi covers the most ground than any of our players bar maybe Alves. Something that a lot of people don't seem to notice.
Xavi normally covers more ground than Alves, but in a less exhausting an noticeable way. Xavi is more of a marathon runner while Alves sprints, stops, sprints, stops. I believe Xavi runs a little more, though Alves way of running is more intense and exhausting.

Damn people rate Hernandez high on this forum. He probably won't even play.
+1

Yellowmustard

Wtf how the hell was it easier in the 70's and 80's?! You only played the champions back then and u had to win the league to qualify in the first place! Same argument you used for the tragic busby babes era I could convincingly say that were it not for our ban in europe in the 80's we would have won 1 or 2 European cups back then especially when u see who won it in 86 87 and 88. We would have been milan's only serious challengers to their dominance.
Man utd is not going to win tomorrow so relax. I'm not here to argue. If anything I wished Paisley was knighted.

maz

I walk the line
Hey guys, just to say hope tonight is a fantastic game and that we get the result we want. I'll be thinking of you all! Visca barca.

X

xaviniesta

[video=metacafe;6451894/fc_barcelona_2010_11_season_review/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/6451894/fc_barcelona_2010_11_season_review/[/video]

Barcilliant

Rooney (Man Utd): "If I can play just behind Chicharito in the final then I feel I could influence the game in the way I'd like to."

Rooney (Man Utd): "If Barcelona have 70 per cent possession and most if it’s in their own half then that’s not going to worry us at all."

Some thing's not right with those statements... especially the second one.

Rooney talks out of his arse most of the time. He isnt the sharpest tool in the shed.

I am out most of the day and I won't watch the final, unless I get a text that barca are 2-0 or 3-0 up.

So.

COME ON BARCA BEAT THOSE MANC CUNTS :D

Oh and Fergie may join Paisley on 3 CL titles tonight, but remember one very prudent and crucial point. Fergie has had 17 Champions League campaigns with United, while Paisley's 3 CL wins was recorded in six attempts. With another 11 more attempts, Paisley would have added a few more!

When it comes to England Liverpool and Arsenal over Chelsea and Utd any day. I just find Utd and CHelsea so friggin arrogant. I grew up in England in the 70's and eighties and thought Liverpool were an outstanding side back then.

I think the CL is harder then the old format but the old format was much more exciting and I prefer it to the new one anyday. Nowadays you have all the meaningless group games and then the ko games. IMO it should be straight knockout home and away leg with the final being one match.

As for Ferguson he has been very lucky-he's pretty much had a blank cheque at Utd and been given free reign. Other managers havent had it so easy. Fergie has 2 CL in what?? 25 years??. Ancelotti has won that in probably half the time. Also Paisley wasnt a whining, moaning bag of hot air like Ferguson. Fergie has been incredibly successful but thats mostly at the domestic level. Also he has spent a huge amount of money on transfers. It looks like Man U willl be spending big again this summer with the Glazers making 75 million available. The last time Man U had an authentic built in house side was 99.

Waiting for (un)biased utd's response..............counting ..........1................2............3.............................

Ocurrente

Rooney (Man Utd): "If I can play just behind Chicharito in the final then I feel I could influence the game in the way I'd like to."

Rooney (Man Utd): "If Barcelona have 70 per cent possession and most if it’s in their own half then that’s not going to worry us at all."

Some thing's not right with those statements... especially the second one.

I remember Cristiano said something similar back in 2009 final: "Barcelona pass the ball, and keep passing and passing, but in the end nothing happens." and we know something happened that night, i hope that happens again.

Barcilliant

Utd will be VERY tough to beat but one thing favours us. The very fact that Utd have had a VERY easy road to the final. They beat Chelsea but Chelsea have been an ailing side since last season. Sure they won the double but were beaten by Inter and faded again this season. Also Chelsea had a legit claim for a penalty on Ramires at the Bridge. How that dumbass ref and his assistants couldnt see Ramires being splattered by 2 Utd players-well I'll never know. Utd have faced teams like Schalke and Marseille. Hardly stellar opposition or European powerhouses.

On the other hand we've played Arsenal, Shaktar and probably the second best side in Europe-RM. Much tougher opponents!

Barca are on a different level to the teams Utd have faced and Utd will find that out on Saturday.

Galning

oice80.jpg

impeh

Hi, its me..
united have only conceded 4 goals in the CL this season, we're gonna have to score at least 2 imo.

but hey, they're saying we are one of the best teams in history.. that we possibly have the best player in history.. and we currently DO have the best 3 players in the world.

united are a fantastic team, but if we DONT win this id be disappointed in the players.

game on :barca scarf:

Home of Barca Fans