2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Sure you'd have a different attitude if it was Arsenal in the final and the English media was backing that English team? ...and I bet its the same with the Spanish media with Barca too.

It saddens me that an English guy wouldn't back the English team, if it was your team in the final, I'd be right behind them.

I don't think so. The Marca's front page today is 66% to Mourinho and 33% to Barça.

http://estaticos01.marca.com/imagenes/2011/05/28/g2805.jpg

Unbiased United

noones really talking at all about berbatov?

he's your top scorer isnt he? could play a huge role from the bench..

Without a doubt having him and Nani on the bench is a useful 'plan B' for United.

I don't think so. The Marca's front page today is 66% to Mourinho and 33% to Barça.

http://estaticos01.marca.com/imagenes/2011/05/28/g2805.jpg

Perhaps not, but surely people can't slag the media off for backing their own team on the day of the final. It would't bother me one bit if it was the other way around.

Bergkamp10

Sure you'd have a different attitude if it was Arsenal in the final and the English media was backing that English team? ...and I bet its the same with the Spanish media with Barca too.

It saddens me that an English guy wouldn't back the English team, if it was your team in the final, I'd be right behind them.

Yeah but its not just today, the United bias in the media is all day every day.

Sorry I know too many United fans from London who are arrogant pricks despite never being to Old Trafford in their life. If United win they will be even more unbearable. You're a nice guy and a good fan but all the other United fans I know are nothing like you.

Unbiased United

Yeah but its not just today, the United bias in the media is all day every day.

Sorry I know too many United fans from London who are arrogant pricks despite never being to Old Trafford in their life. If United win they will be even more unbearable. You're a nice guy and a good fan but all the other United fans I know are nothing like you.

I get that, there are guys like that in Manchester with other teams....its a shame the dick heads spoil it. Still be nice to have the full backing of the country though, but in reality thats never going to happen is it! :D

xrip55

Manchester United: Edwin van der Sar, Fabio, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Patrice Evra, Antonio Valencia, Michael Carrick, Ryan Giggs, Park Ji-Sung, Wayne Rooney, Javier Hernandez.

FC Barcelona: Victor Valdes, Dani Alves, Gerard Pique, Carles Puyol, Eric Abidal, Sergio Busquets, Xavi, Andres Iniesta, Pedro, Lionel Messi, David Villa.

Can I trust these line-ups ?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
10 being the most nervous? ...I'm about 7 or 8. Had a dream last night barca won 8-2 which didn't help! :(

:lol: If that were to happen I'll post my pics, naked, on the forum :D

BTW I'm at 2. Not because I'm confident of the match or any thing. I'm just not thinking about it at all. Moreover there's a wedding I have to attend to in an hour or so. So total indifferent :p

Did Fletcher make the squad?

Last edited:
W

woobie

I'm quite nervous. Going to go see the Top Chef roadshow this morning at Eastern Market to distract myself for a bit.

gingerless

:lol: If that were to happen I'll post my pics, naked, on the forum :D

BTW I'm at 2. Not because I'm confident of the match or any thing. I'm just not thinking about it at all. Moreover there's a wedding I have to attend to in an hour or so. So total indifferent :p

Did Fletcher make the squad?

bear witness people

oh and, my dream had xavi scoring

Pedro17

Visca El Barca

English media definately doesn't suck off Arsenal the way it does ManU, you know that... Shit, even at ESPN its all about ManU during all the interviews I've seen. Ofcourse he's not going to cheer for ManU, he hates them. You think City fans in Manchester are cheering for you guys? lol.

Had Real Madrid beat us in the Semis, today would of been the first day I ever cheered for ManU:) In any event, my nervous level is easily a five, maybe six. I know ManU is a tricky team, and are more dangerous as the game goes on.

Home of Barca Fans