2023 Preseason

Masetro10

Romeu and Garcia 😂

Maybe they were ok but put them in the pressure cooker and watch how they fold.
We saw it numerous times last season with Garcia.
Hopefully some club preferably Saudi sees something in him and pays a decent fee.
Romeu will be disaster class in CL. Guaranteed.

Lewy is old and should be a poacher only.
Raphinia. I never wanted him.
Pedri 8s still very inconsistent.
I don't disagree. But regardless, for this preseason tour, Romeu and Garcia can't be denied for doing well. We'll have to see how it all unfolds when the real business starts in 2 weeks

Porque

Considering how many minutes Eric played, Faye should have got more than 5 minutes. He certainly didn't look out of place in that cameo.

Why do I think Xavi made a decision to stop the breaks so to speak, since there is overbooking in front of him and no clear path bar extreme injury crisis.

I think B team is going to be below him this season. Might want to get in touch with the Segunda and First Division teams (Las Palmas) who showed an interest in Chadi.

BusiTheKing

Not the most reassuring pre-season. General play is pretty patchy. Hard to see a team identity. No real individual stand-outs.

Last year we had a good half season of near-prime Lewa. This year we likely won't have any. That means no top class wingers and no top class goalscorers going into the season.

In my opinion what we have to count on is something clicking between Frenkie and Gundo, providing a solid core in the midfield. If the game suits him, Pedri will tag along for final transitions. A nice turn, sharp ball to Raphinha, low cross, easy finish. Balde will be important too. And a strong, injury-free defense.

BusiTheKing

It's not inconceivable for me that come november we will find ourselves looking to a 16-year old sub to save us in the dying moments of a scoreless home tie against Alaves.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Not the most reassuring pre-season. General play is pretty patchy. Hard to see a team identity. No real individual stand-outs.

Last year we had a good half season of near-prime Lewa. This year we likely won't have any. That means no top class wingers and no top class goalscorers going into the season.

In my opinion what we have to count on is something clicking between Frenkie and Gundo, providing a solid core in the midfield. If the game suits him, Pedri will tag along for final transitions. A nice turn, sharp ball to Raphinha, low cross, easy finish. Balde will be important too. And a strong, injury-free defense.

These US games on dwarf-sized awful pitches are terrible for building up any momentum and automatisms

serghei

The team is cohesive, hard working, but lacks top class players. Gonna be tough to keep winning titles. Need a major season from the youngsters, but imo they are not ready yet.

If the defense holds up like last season, we have a chance to defend the title.

CL performance is gonna be improved most likely. But it's gonna be tough in the knockout phase if we don't get some lucky draws.

JamDav1982

From midfield forward... FDJ, Pedri, Gundogan all get in Real side and Lewa despite his limitations would currently be their CF.

Maybe some Real players improve and Bellingham has a huge season but Real are not full of top class players either and Barcas defence and midfield were a good bit ahead of them last season.

MATS was better than Courtois also last season.

serghei

Pedri no. Gundogan no. FDJ and maybe Lewa, if his form doesn't continue to be shite.

Vinicius is by a huge distance best offensive player in both teams. Mbappe is gonna come soon and then it is gonna be a gulf between the teams.

JamDav1982

Pedri no. Gundogan no. FDJ and maybe Lewa.

Vincius is by a huge distance best offensive player in both teams. Mbappe is gonna come soon and then it is gonna be a gulf between the teams.

Gundogan was better last season than any Real mid as was Pedri when fit.

Mbappe arrives changes it a bit but Pedri, Gundogan and FDJ are better than Reals mids were last season.

Not one Real mid even had a good season bar Bellingham.

Valverde was poor, Camavinga looked raw and better at LB really. Modric and Kroos looked slow against the better midifields.

'Maybe Lewa'... new lows making out Real have better CF than Lewa.

'Superiority'.

serghei

FDJ is only one that is above. Gundogan is Kroos level. Just played in a better team under a better manager, so he naturally performed better.

Pedri is overrated hugely on Barcaforum.

JamDav1982

FDJ is only one that is above. Gundogan is Kroos level. Just played in a better team under a better manager, so he naturally performed better.

Pedri is overrated hugely on Barcaforum.

Gundogan was one of best players in team that won treble and been better than Kroos past couple years.

'Better team and better manager'.

Year ago they were best team going with manager who knew how to win.

Now they dont win or do well and its the 'players and coach not good enough' as an excuse.

serghei

But midfield is fairly equal, both teams have good midfields. Madrid own us on wings. I'd take Vini and Rodrygo any time. Vinicius in particular is a top 3 player on the planet. Can't get near that quality.

JamDav1982

But midfield is fairly equal, both teams have good midfields. Madrid own us on wings. I'd take Vini and Rodrygo any time.

Barca have better midfield an showed it last season.

Gundogan just won CL, domestic treble and third league title in best league in world as a crucial player.

Had he signed for Real would be held up as one of best going... signs for Barca? Nah wouldnt get in Real team.

Usual.

Yes Real have better wingers and could have best mid of lot in Bellingham who knows. Need to wait and see.

Defence.. wouldnt swap Barcas for Reals at all.

GK 50/50 but MATs better last season clearly and Courtois better season before.

serghei

Gundogan did that in the most stacked team. Individually, he is very slow. Good player, but nothing amazing. Similar to Kroos, like I said. Technically good, smart, but past it a bit.

Don't expect miracles. Barca is not City. Not even close.

JamDav1982

Gundogan did that in the most stacked team. Individually, he is very slow. Good player, but nothing amazing. Similar to Kroos, like I said. Technically good, smart, but past it a bit.

Yet Kroos wins in what you claim is best team in world then has an average season and that makes him better?

Gundogan had better past few seasons as a whole than Kroos.

Competing week in week out in EPL as a key figure in Peps team isnt easy and not all about how good the players are around him... he was a key player.

Pedri was better than Modric last season also.

FDJ was the best of the lot by a decent bit. Particularly for way he dominated classicos.

Always same.. every Barca player made out to be average more or less and Real made out to be elite and better standard.

Nothing new.

Home of Barca Fans