2023 Preseason

serghei

No, FDJ is recognized as a top class player by me. Other than that, it's pretty close. I'd take Bellingham ahead of Pedri in terms of AM. De Jong, Tchouameni double pivot. Bellingham AM.

That's my pick for midfield formation out of current Barca and Madrid.

Then Vinicius gets in on the left. Very close between Rodrygo and Raphinha on the right, could depend on opponent. Lewa gets in as 9. Until Mbappe comes in. Lewa is stopping it atm from being all Madrid up top.

Defense is probably 50-50. Courtois over Stegen obviously.

JamDav1982

Tchoumeni could not even get a regular game for Real last season...he could come good but not yet.

Pedri was better than him last season when both played without a doubt.

Defence is not 50/50 and MATS was better than Courtois last season obviously.

Barca CBs and Balde ahead of Reals... even Kounde is probably better RB than they have and he is bang average.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

FDJ is only one that is above. Gundogan is Kroos level. Just played in a better team under a better manager, so he naturally performed better.

Pedri is overrated hugely on Barcaforum.
Gundooo was way better, at Barca he didnt show his Man city form (yet), imo one of the most underrated players in the last years

serghei

Tchoumeni could not even get a regular game for Real last season.

Pedri was better than him last season when both played without a doubt.

Defence is not 50/50 and MATS was better than Courtois last season obviously.

Barca CBs and Balde ahead of Real... even Kounde is probably better RB than they have and he is bang average.

He's better than romeu. And Bellingham is better AM than anything Barca have. De Jong is the only one that gets in firmly. That's it.

Stegen was good, but Courtois in CL is something else. One of Rudiger or Militao gets in 100%. Then Carvajal gets in ahead of our rb that is not actually a rb.

If we sign a top rightback, we gain an edge in defense over them.

JamDav1982

He's better than romeu. And Bellingham is better AM than anything Barca have.

Pedri was levels above Touchemani in couple games he played deeper with FDJ...but it was his first season and should improve.

Even Busi was levels above Tchou last season lets be real here.

Bellingham would be one but is he better AM than Pedri if compare them? Lets see next season. Could be.

Where does the 'elite mentality' of Gavi the 'best ball winner in the world' come into the reckoning?

serghei

Pedri competes vs Bellingham. I'd take Bellingham for his superior offensive productivity. Barca don't have a player that is defensively as good as Tchouameni to be paired with De Jong.

The oldies, Kroos, Modric, Gundogan, are bench options. Great bench options tbh.

JamDav1982

Pedri competes vs Bellingham. I'd take Bellingham for his superior offensive productivity.

Yes but Pedri is better deeper than Tchou last season if want to compare the two.

Lets see on Pedri v Bellingham next season. He could be better, could be better than any of them... or not.. who knows.

Best four mids across both squads on last season would be Pedri/FDJ/Gundo and Bellingham.

From there can argue who fits where.

Defence... Barca have the better players there. Reals defence is suspect and likes of Militao has been massively over rated even when they won the CL.

Not sure would have a single Real starting defender over a Barca on currently.

GKS... clearly MATS better last season.. Courtois better the one before and Oblak better the one beofre that when neither best in league.

serghei

Yeah, but a combined team Barca - Madrid doesn't mean it gets to benefit from being Barca philosophy. I'd go with Tchouameni for better defensive coverage because Bellingham is AM by definition.

Fast transition team is gonna be most likely the style of the combined team, looking at the available players. Pedri suffers for it.

JamDav1982

Yeah, but a combined team Barca - Madrid doesn't mean it gets to benefit from being Barca philosophy. I'd go with Tchouameni for better defensive coverage because Bellingham is AM by definition.

Real often played similar to Barca and four mids.. they had Valverde wide often.

Real didnt play one sitter and two further up either.

As said regardless of what system those four were the best last season.

Wouldnt have Touch ahead of FDJ at DM then would have Pedri with him if want to get hypothetical.

Tchou was not great last season at all....only picking him if ignoring actual performances to date.

Who from Real gets in Barcas defence on last season? Considering it is said to be 50/50 must be a few.

Lets ignore individual performances and defensive records etc...

Porque

Astralaga, Fermin Lopez, Alex Valle and Lamine have stayed with the first team.

Faye, Marc Casado and Aleix Garrido have returned to B team training.

Hoped Faye got more minutes, but looking forward to seeing him cook under Marquez.

Masetro10

We all forget one thing. Madrid has Carlo who will likely fold the league because the guy is clueless. Xavi is the reverse Carlo in that he folds in knockout tournaments.

Could be both are gone after this season.

ajnotkeith

He's better than romeu. And Bellingham is better AM than anything Barca have. De Jong is the only one that gets in firmly. That's it.

Stegen was good, but Courtois in CL is something else. One of Rudiger or Militao gets in 100%. Then Carvajal gets in ahead of our rb that is not actually a rb.

If we sign a top rightback, we gain an edge in defense over them.
Why should Rudiger Militao and Carvajal get in? They were pathetic last season and also the season before conceding heaps of goals in CL. Meanwhile Barca nearly set an all time defensive record with likes of Araujo Christensen as key pieces.

The attack being good doesn't mean that the defense also did a good job. It just got masked the CL winning season.

Carvajal in particular is absolutely finished.

Why should Rudiger Militao and Carvajal get in? They were pathetic last season and also the season before conceding heaps of goals in CL. Meanwhile Barca nearly set an all time defensive record with likes of Araujo Christensen as key pieces.

The attack being good doesn't mean that the defense also did a good job. It just got masked the CL winning season.

Carvajal in particular is absolutely finished.
I am purchasing a Real jersey Raul,just because it says hala madrid on top of the jersey. Those small things make my day.

Home of Barca Fans