2024/25 Preseason

jamrock

Toni was left footed on on the opposite wing anyways. He got his chances and looked decent, but no reason to have him on the left.

Junyent is has a way tidier first touch and linkup than Guille and Noah, hence getting the go on the left. He done himself well.

If you like Gavi, you should like Quim to be fair. Got alot of similarities.
Whaaaaaaat he's nothing like Gavi, lol.

Quim will never ever make it at Barcelona, at least 2 of Guille, Toni and Noah will.

Talent level between them is night and day.

JamDav1982

Whether he makes it or not what he offered in these past few games and what Flick liked is fairly clear.

Was much more on front foot and quicker than made out.

He was better than Guille and Darvich in these games and Tony was decent but not as constant tactically as Junyent was probably.

The worst thing any coach can do for likes of Guille is to force him into games he is not earning at this stage as more likely to be first team player in future.

jamrock

Watch him in midfield.
I have he's not like gavi at all, gavi is 3x the player he was at the same age.

Every time I've seen him play, I think to myself he must give 110% in training at all times.

Like I said if flick likes him that's cool, much in the same way he like Dominiquez, different coaches see players differently, but quim will never make it at Barcelona.

Porque

Giving 100% at all times is Gavi mate.

And yeah Gavi is better, that's why he broke through at 16.

But I wouldn't be surprised if this guy arrives around 19/20 after being great B and filling out.

That or he could be Flick's Aleix Garrido :lol:

ajnotkeith

I like to see Pau Victor do well because it shows how the form from a much lower level can still transfer over to a higher level of play.

Would be a great bit of business if it turns out he can be productive for the first team. As JamDav mentioned it's not just the goals but he looks like he's technically and tactically on a level to play with the first team. Fits in well and doesn't look like a liability with the team, he can keep up with their level on and off the ball. That's the most important thing as it means when the goals inevitably dry up he can still be an asset as he won't be the weakest link in the team on the ball.

ajnotkeith

I have he's not like gavi at all, gavi is 3x the player he was at the same age.

Every time I've seen him play, I think to myself he must give 110% in training at all times.

Like I said if flick likes him that's cool, much in the same way he like Dominiquez, different coaches see players differently, but quim will never make it at Barcelona.
At the same time Gavi does seem like a bit of an early bloomer (so far). Maybe he'll grow when he comes back but Gavi seems around the same level as when he came through. It's been 3 years since we first saw him with the first team, granted he did spend 6-7 months of this injured, but he hasn't progressed too much since he first broke through, it could be their development curves are just different.

Gavi approached his ceiling very early, perhaps Quim needs more time. Of course though its hard to imagine Quim ever becoming an important player for Barca, at most bench.

JamDav1982

Gavi was better at 17 clearly.

Gavi at 17 was probably better than Gavi at 18 or 19 also for Barca really to be fair.

But in terms of small stature giving 100% and if saying he played at AML while not doing all much on ball it is fairly Gavi like in past couple seasons.

Junyent is long way from first team and a player that size will probably struggle to make it particularly for what Barca will look to add to squad when have Pedri/Gavi.

But he is much quicker than those two and was playing on front foot much more than some make out.

jamrock

At the same time Gavi does seem like a bit of an early bloomer (so far). Maybe he'll grow when he comes back but Gavi seems around the same level as when he came through. It's been 3 years since we first saw him with the first team, granted he did spend 6-7 months of this injured, but he hasn't progressed too much since he first broke through, it could be their development curves are just different.

Gavi approached his ceiling very early, perhaps Quim needs more time. Of course though its hard to imagine Quim ever becoming an important player for Barca, at most bench.

For a second I thought you said quim looks about the same level as gavi, when he first broke through, I was about to throw my phone out the window, 😂.

Yea player development doesn't go in a straight line, Quim can add more to his game, and maybe surprise us, but I've seen him for the youth team with Spain and Barca, and I would be willing to bet my house, he doesn't make it here.

Yesterday he came in the field and I can't think of any positive contribution he made, just did the usual Barca midfielder stuff, he's the definition of the average masia midfielder, nothing special about him.

jamrock

Giving 100% at all times is Gavi mate.

And yeah Gavi is better, that's why he broke through at 16.

But I wouldn't be surprised if this guy arrives around 19/20 after being great B and filling out.

That or he could be Flick's Aleix Garrido :lol:

Gavi gives 100% on the field, quim is killing it in training, but he's not bringing that 110% when he gets his chance, just some average passing ability.

JamDav1982

He won the ball back numerous times... sometimes what others get held up for when do next to nothing else.

Almost as soon as 2nd half started he won ball back by using his speed to intercept it for example.

On top of that connected with the other players well and always looked to get on front foot and be positiive with th ball.

Team looked better with him and Bernal and because of what both brought on.

jamrock

I like to see Pau Victor do well because it shows how the form from a much lower level can still transfer over to a higher level of play.

Would be a great bit of business if it turns out he can be productive for the first team. As JamDav mentioned it's not just the goals but he looks like he's technically and tactically on a level to play with the first team. Fits in well and doesn't look like a liability with the team, he can keep up with their level on and off the ball. That's the most important thing as it means when the goals inevitably dry up he can still be an asset as he won't be the weakest link in the team on the ball.
Yea Pau might be some excellent bit of business by the club, I can't believe girone let him go for Abel Ruiz.

Iniesta Ultra

Midfield play and linkup sucked as if Xavi's still coaching. Too many long punts or short hail marys from the back. And when using midfield players are making tunnel vision dribbles then look for easy pass out if available when defenders contend. Just no holistic vision of the pitch, with the youth players we're running like pigs better than last season though. Tiki taka dead.

Home of Barca Fans