21 - Frenkie de Jong

JamDav1982

Enzo is box to box himself and not a sitting DM.

Chelsea tried that.. Now have tried to sign other DMs to pair with him.

Zubimendi looks the best out there that may be attainable.

serghei

Main issue is that Gavi and Pedri are Catalans and Spanish internations, so won't easily be dropped.

It's no shame to be a squad player at a big club as a 19-21 years old player, quite impressive in my book. Iniesta wasn't a starter either at this age. Quite far from it. When did Deco leave and Iniesta become a clear starter?

JamDav1982

Iniesta is no more relevant than other players that have been starters earlier.

Pedri is class but he is not really suited to where currently playing.

Big sides would come for Pedri for big money and to play immediately if available.

serghei

Pedri and Gavi are squad player material. The only reason they play as starters all the time when fit is because the club doesn't have money to sign top players. Those top players cost a lot of money nowadays.

Anyone that has working synapses in his brain knows this.

JamDav1982

Pedri and Gavi are squad player material. The only reason they play as starters all the time when fit is because the club doesn't have money to sign top players. Those top players cost a lot of money nowadays.

Anyone that has working synapses in his brain knows this.

Dont agree on Pedri.

As said I believe top teams would come in now for him on big money and he would start.

You have had some of worst shouts ever on here rating CMs... dont go lecturing on 'using brain'.

Irony is he would go for a large fee and you would complain he isnt the type of signing Barca can make.

serghei

No top class team would start Pedri right now. :lol: He'd get minutes as a squad player, that's different, and he of course should get those good minutes as a young talent.

JamDav1982

Nah top teams would take Pedri and he would be a starter.

What part of your brain used to purr for Puig and Arthur, calling Gavi top class and best ball winner in world while wanting FDJ sold?

He is 21 and wouldnt be bought as a 'young talent'.

As said he would move on big money and you would claim the transfer fees paid are needed to get players Barca cant.

Same as 'over rated' Araujo etc.

serghei

True, everyone here is amateurish at judging players and managers. Including me. That's the fucking point. :lol:

I do badly at predictions, like everybody else. But it's not a prediction to say Pedri wouldn't start for a big team. It's just an obvious observational comment.

He could never start for City instead of De Bruyne lol. You can take almost all elite sides and they all have a better creator in the AM spot than Pedri.

JamDav1982

True, everyone here is amateurish at judging players and managers. Including me. That's the fucking point.

Nah some more than others.

For one so arrogant as making out others dont use their brain and used same argument for those lot.

Who on earth claimed Pedri would play in place of KDB?

That the best have 'he wouldnt start in place of KDB'?

He would probably start in that CM role that gets forward more than anywhere else. The one Gundogan played in. The one they signed Kovacic and Nunes for.

Pep would love him.

serghei

Nah some more than others.

For one so arrogant as making out others dont use their brain and used same argument for those lot.

That's right. Not that you have a clue, but only astute football professionals that actually dedicate their life to this sport can make valid predictions about the future.

But observational points, like the one I just made, based on things that already happened in recent times, you can make those.

Pedri is not as good as you predicted. Lamal is probably not going to be either. Move on.

Didn't you think Ferran is a top signing intially? :lol: That dog can't hunt man...

Ferran is the dog you instruct to bring you the bird you just shot with your rifle and he brings you a little twig instead with a smug grin.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

That's right. Not that you have a clue, but only astute football professionals that actually dedicate their life to this sport can make valid predictions.

But observational points, like the one I just made, based on things that already happened in recent times, you can make those.

Pedri is not as good as you predicted. Lamal is probably not going to be either. Move on.

Yes have a much better clue than you and many of us have been right and wrong on decisions... from Xavi to any other coach are not correct all the time.

You are wrong time and again and even mock yourself for number of shit takes.

Move on.

Puig and Arthur are not as good a you predicted. Neither is Gavi. Pedri and FDJ are better than you predicted.

Lamal is already better than you predicted.

Simples.

Last edited:

behindbrowneyes

João Cancelo: "All my teammates played a great game but I want to say something about Frenkie de Jong. He's one of the best players I have EVER seen in that position. Whenever he plays, he makes a tremendous difference. We are happy to have him back."

Home of Barca Fans