21 - Frenkie de Jong

ajnotkeith

Dembele and FDJ were so important in our great run this season. But most posters here would say they are trash because they have their price figure stuck in their mind's eye.

We have what we have and makes no sense to give them up now.

I'd be happy with 80m euros if it is invested correctly but i feel that it will of course be not and we will make a backwards step.

JamDav1982

FDJ has been best mid in Europe at one point. Was Barcas best mid last season and this has given most complete performances vs Napoli/Real etc this season.

That is not a slight on Pedri but FDJ has proven more at this point but Pedri is still young.

Pedri is more what Xavi wants and has a role in his set up.

JamDav1982

Watch Frenkie kill it in BPL with higher pace of football.

Higher pace of football his own team plays and not in a team based on amigos that can barely move who slow game down.

Also under a coach that doesnt hide behind 'obligations' and favourites for players long past their best.

ajnotkeith

19 yo Pedri is more consistent than de Jong in his prime. Guy is never in form for period longer than few months.

Pedri also been way more important and influential.

I think we forget Pedri has had some real shockers this season.

He's been the very definition of hot and cold.

Raketa10

We have sold FDJ and Busi will be our starter for another season. This club is a f... joke! Laporta and Xavi are two fucking idiots!

Home of Barca Fans