21 - Frenkie de Jong

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Can't say anything considering it's his first minutes in half a year.

Curiously he played in front of Casado. Maybe this means Gavi will be competing with Casado for DM role once he gets back.

Maybe that's for the best as I don't trust Frenkie defending.

FCBfan22

It will be very interesting how Flick handles the flood of midfielders when everybody is healthy.

Casado is an undisputed starter at this point. So is Pedri. FDJ has a lot of work to do to claim his minutes.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Curiously he played in front of Casado. Maybe this means Gavi will be competing with Casado for DM role once he gets back.
Been saying this. Its Casado and Gavi as DMs, with Pedri and Fdj CMs

This was the reason I wanted us to buy Merino who could slot in well in this DM role.

TheStig

It will be very interesting how Flick handles the flood of midfielders when everybody is healthy.

Casado is an undisputed starter at this point. So is Pedri. FDJ has a lot of work to do to claim his minutes.

Not so sure Casado is a starter but I'm sure Olmo is (those 3 games before a injury of course).

If we are realistic we won't have a full healthy midfield anyway.

FCBfan22

Not so sure Casado is a starter but I'm sure Olmo is (those 3 games before a injury of course).

If we are realistic we won't have a full healthy midfield anyway.
I'd say Olmo doesn't compete with Frenkie for position. I think his competition are Pedri and Casado.

I'd say Casado should be the starter after these performances. He deserves to be. Glues midfield together.

TheStig

Of course they don't compete, I was just saying that you have to count Olmo as a starter when healthy. Can't see Olmo-Pedri-Gavi midfield to work, Casado should play.

Porque

With the amount of games Casado/Gavi, Pedri/Frenkie and Fermin/Olmo is enough midfielders for all to comfortably be happy with their playing time.

Provided Flick rotates.

Even right now Putty Torre has had to step in for minutes.

Plus atleast half of that list have injury problems.

If only we had that quality of depth in our forwards.

Home of Barca Fans