23 - Jules Kounde

khaled_a_d

People keep iterating this but Araujo is still prone to mistakes and Kounde is going to have to adjust. I like the pairing but not in a million years would I call it elite. Maybe in 2 years?

That is true... for almost every CB pairing out there.

Kul_z

I will wait to see how the team gels and the new arrivals perform before making grand proclamations about what we should and should not be winning. On paper most the squad looks great, but that is not always how things transpire on the pitch.

Remember when blokes were calling our squad top 3 in the world back in 2019 with likes of Coutinho, Griezmann, Arthur, Umtiti, Frenkie, Dembele, Puig, Malcom etc? All of them flopped/disappointed and the burden continued to be carried by veterans.

No match, that team was carried by messi, and spoiled brats thought that they are best in the world. This team is fucking hungry. Put pique and ancient one out and you have a total havoc. Alba is a mentality midget, but when things go well and team is rock solid he plays like a world beater. I think that xavi needs to learn a lot but he's a great motivator. He knows how to ignite the fire in players, fuck me he did it as a player in 2015 after that famous sociedad game in january. After that messi was on another galaxy compared to anything football related.

KingLeo10

CB pairs that are elite as a duo are rare AF.

Last ones are Ramos/Varane, Ramos/Pepe, Pique/Masche or Puyol, and Rio/Vidic. Over the last 15 years at least. Rare stuff.

Kul_z

CB pairs that are elite as a duo are rare AF.

Last ones are Ramos/Varane, Ramos/Pepe, Pique/Masche or Puyol, and Rio/Vidic. Over the last 15 years at least. Rare stuff.

Ramos pepe pairing is laughable. Chemistry nowhere near some of the pairings we witnessed.

Kul_z

Chiellini yes, but don't think Bonucci was ever elite. Fantastic on the ball, but as shown in Milan a lot to be desired defensively without a partner there to cover him.

Tbh, chiellini, bonucci and barzagli. The real bbc. As for bonucci, he's a adventurer, and i dont agree, guy is elite as it gets.

Barcilliant

As people have pointed out the squad looks good on paper but there are still holes in the defense at the fb positions.
To me the biggest question is Xavi. I'm still not convinced by him. He may have sold the players a vision of how he wants to play but actually translating that vision into reality on the pitch is a different matter. The second half against Juventus was good,the players were more compact and closer to each other and we dominated. First half was atrocious. Midfield was non existent and only Dembele magic saved us.
Only time will tell in regards to Xavi but still not sure how he wants to play.

Zidane82

As people have pointed out the squad looks good on paper but there are still holes in the defense at the fb positions.
To me the biggest question is Xavi. I'm still not convinced by him. He may have sold the players a vision of how he wants to play but actually translating that vision into reality on the pitch is a different matter. The second half against Juventus was good,the players were more compact and closer to each other and we dominated. First half was atrocious. Midfield was non existent and only Dembele magic saved us.
Only time will tell in regards to Xavi but still not sure how he wants to play.

We played some great football in periods last season with a poor squad .. look at us now

Home of Barca Fans