23 - Jules Kounde

Bulgroz

He had a bad game, clearly, but I don't think his work ethic or his commitment can be questioned. He's always looked nonchalant, but he isn't.

That being said, I think his main issue right now is confidence. Deschamps played him as a RB, he was bad, then as a CB, he was good, then back as a RB for the whole world cup, where he was very average. Xavi told him he'd play CB when he got recruited, and he ends up playing almost exclusively RB. Then out of nowhere, he gets played as a CB with a weird fucking defense, in one of the most important games of the season, against one of the best teams barca will face this year. He probably played with some apprehension, knowing he couldn't really afford to fuck up (which led him to fuck up).

He had a very similar pattern when he started playing with Sevilla, and he had a couple rough games there too when he was finally played as a CB.

He's a player with a lot of quality, but he really needs to feel that the coaching staff and the team believe in him to give his best.

jamrock

He play a CB with Alonso, CB's are partnerships that requires chemistry, throwing him in against Man UTD, with Alonso was always setting him up to fail.

No big deal, he'll be alright, Barca forum just likes to over react as usual.

JamDav1982

Needs to improve.

Not been as good as Christensen at CB and not a top RB.

Dont pay 60m odd for that.

Is nowhere near as good on ball as made out.

wisconsincule

He has looked better as a RB than CB for me. RB he can make few mistakes, CB not so much.

Maybe he got used to playing RB?

Agree. He should just stick to RB unless playing against Madrid and Vinicius.

It?s difficult to switch positions and then to have Alonso as a partner against a good team is just destined to fail

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Personally think he is still definitely a much better CB than RB but did note how many mistakes he invites when playing there. I think it's too risky to let him be starting CB there for the remainder of the season, so he should stick to RB, where he is slightly okay. He is reliable in recycling possession. Defensively he is solid even if a little bit slow, which is already not ideal. In attack, however, he doesn't do anything except hit a good long ball sometimes. Oh, and he already scored two own goals...

M3ls

Before you criticize him, remember that he is not a fullback. He spends too much power to connect to attacks.

Home of Barca Fans