23 - Jules Kounde

JamDav1982

Mazroui was apparently more or less done for free.. Xavi slowed it as didn’t like his ‘profile’ and wanted Azpi who turned Barca down and here we are.
Now he isn’t a world beating RB but he is far better than Kounde and that 60m on Kounde could have been spent on next man up at DM after Busi.
The truth is Xavi probably wanted Busi for next 3/4 years then when he leaves thinks Romeu can a job.
Kounde should never have been signed. The money from levers should have been spent at DM, spacey dribbler profile up top and a younger CF with mobility.
This was all argued at time also not just hindsight. Ferran before that just looks another player Xavi didn’t understand what he is.

Porque

In my humble opinion, Barca should have gone for Milan Skriniar.

Perfect age. Perfect profile. Decently experienced.

Skriniar is great at organising a defense and his defensive positioning, marking ability and tackling are all top notch.

Also decent on the ball and good in the air. He'd get the best out of Araujo imo.

Agreed, but PSG stuck there teeth into him and we never stood a chance. Have you seen how much they are paying him?

Temptation

Agreed, but PSG stuck there teeth into him and we never stood a chance. Have you seen how much they are paying him?
I doubt he'd choose Paris over Barca if the latter really showed their interest and wanted him.

Barca has way more pull despite PSG's oil money.

No, I haven't followed the French League at all this season. I watched a lot of Milan in Milan(couldn't resist; apologies) and was a huge fan of his game.
What happened in PSG? Didn't he get injured recently?

FC B

Never rated him enough to be a Barca player, said it since rumors of his arrival emerged. He has proven himself to be even shittier than I anticipated to such a degree I think nobody will be stupid enough to pay for him a decent fee in the summer, ofc, if the shit management of the club decides he is finally for sale...

Temptation

He was strongly linked to Chelsea before Barcelona. Fair play to the lad! He's playing exactly like a player of Todd Boehly's Chelsea era. 👏 👏

Asylum15

I have no idea why but when he was at Sevilla, in the games I'd seen of him, he looked so fast and difficult to beat 1v1.
Everytime I see him play for us, he gets caught too high, beaten in 1v1s (not necessarily against genuine pace) and his clearances seem to often fall back into poor areas (see Madrid's 4th last night).

I agree with Umtiti vibes.

He looks like a defender that can't play any defensive position?

Porque

I have no idea why but when he was at Sevilla, in the games I'd seen of him, he looked so fast and difficult to beat 1v1.
Everytime I see him play for us, he gets caught too high, beaten in 1v1s (not necessarily against genuine pace) and his clearances seem to often fall back into poor areas (see Madrid's 4th last night).

I agree with Umtiti vibes.

He looks like a defender that can't play any defensive position?

Fast transitions and simpler outlets. There is a chance that he will look much better in another side. EPL included.

fergus90

It’s the YouTube compilation era where people can be convinced someone is brilliant without ever watching them week in week out properly.

Guilty of it many times myself with other players but this guy getting world class shouts is one of the most baffling claims ever.

Last edited:

serghei

The blunders part... he used to do them at Sevilla fairly often too. This is something that always plagued his game.

I think the club should adopt a new groundbreaking strategy and sign defenders that actually can... defend.

JamDav1982

Seems like a player that needs a leader next to him.. as does Araujo.. as does Christensen to lesser extent.

The defence feels chaotic this season.. line is awful and Kounde looks most chaotic week in week out and on ball gives it away badly multiple times a game.

JamDav1982

The blunders part... he used to do them at Sevilla fairly often too. This is something that always plagued his game.

I think the club should adopt a new groundbreaking strategy and sign defenders that actually can... defend.

Xavi thought Kounde and Araujo would be like Liverpools defence and animals with pace that can defend high line and 1v1...

Home of Barca Fans