23 - Jules Kounde

ajnotkeith

No that is not the 45m a year.

45m is based on what is reported as salary, commissions and fee.

Can change it to 55m if want but point remains.

The word is Barca need to sign CVC to be able to register Kessie/Christensen.
If we have to sign CVC to register free agents, it indicates our financial position right now is extremely poor.

The club haven't spoken much about it but we are still deep in 1:4 rule, and our salary cap won't be kind next season either.

Our offer vs City was worse in all regards, sporting, financial, project. Doubt we were ever even in the race.

wisconsincule

Summer will clear everything out. We make big moves, we have money. We make cheapo loans and get some serviceable rejects in their 30s, we don't. Simple as that.

I’m guessing it’s going to be the latter.

No money again this summer as we still recover financially.

JamDav1982

Xavi doesnt see it as a tough decision to make.

He loves Busi, Pique and Alba as players and think they are amongst the best going in their positions.

To point they play like shit and he blames everyone else.

serghei

We'll see. Pep wasn't close friends with the players he got rid of from his playing days.

It's a different situation. Xavi is in a tough spot, but he and the club either make those tough decisions or go down with them.

True, but I think we have to understand that it's not really a case of "anyone would do better than these players".

We saw a bit with Mingueza that bad players can be a lot worse than washed-up legends like Pique. Pique is two levels above Mingueza, and I liked Mingueza in the last season and was under the impression he had something.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
True, but I think we have to understand that it's not really a case of "anyone would do better than these players".

We saw a bit with Mingueza that bad players can be a lot worse than washed-up legends like Pique. Pique is two levels above Mingueza, and I liked Mingueza in the last season and was under the impression he had something.

Forget Pique.

What about Busquets? He can have a shit game, we can lead 3-0 and he still plays 90 minutes while Frenkie or Gavi could be playing a decent game and get subbed off after 60 minutes.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Just going to repost this gem of a post for serghei who still thinks Xavi doesn't rate the veterans and is playing them out of necessity.

Another 90'. We wont get rid of this guy ever.

Just checked:

La liga, out of 35 liga games he started in 34(against mallorca yellow card suspension)
He was substituted in 4 of them:
Matchday 1 against sociedad at 83'
Matchday 4 against granada at 74'
Matchday 14 against espanyol at 78'
Matchday 26 against bilbao at 87'

He didnt played for 38 minutes out of possible 3060 minutes.
He's 7th ranked in whole liga by minutes, only player who played all possible minutes is le normand for sociedad who's cb and is 24 years old. All other players from top 10 are goalkeepers, first player older then 30 is at 26th place dani rodriguez with almost 300 minutes less.

He played supercopa for 120 minutes( extra time against madrid), copa del rey in two possible games he played 210 minutes( extra time against bilbao)

Champions league 6 starts subbed of against bayern at 59' and against benfica at 68', that leaves him without 53 minutes out of possible 540 minutes.

Europa league had 4 out of 6 starts, played in all and out of 540 minutes played 401 minutes.

Overall 4240 minutes for ancient one out of possible 4470 minutes, 4560 minutes if you put that mallorca game when he was suspended.

OH. MY. GOD.

serghei

I’m guessing it’s going to be the latter.

No money again this summer as we still recover financially.

We'll see. I am reasonably happy with that as well. Just get Raphinha for Dembele, have Ansu fit, Pedri fit next season, Gavi improved, and we'll do better. Still some distance from making a difference in CL probably, but it's a process.

If we get say Raphinha, and just one top player (CB and DM are the most exposed areas IMO, given up on the idea that Stegen might be shipped out) we're solid.

JamDav1982

We'll see. I am reasonably happy with that as well. Just get Raphinha for Dembele, have Ansu fit, Pedri fit next season, Gavi improved, and we'll do better. Still some distance from making a difference in CL probably, but it's a process.

If we get say Raphinha, and just one top player (CB and DM are the most exposed areas IMO, given up on the idea that Stegen might be shipped out) we're solid.

How do you think club can pay for Raphinha, Christensen/Kessie etc when have no money and cant spend.

What is the scenario you see in the summer?

If there is room to bring those players in then most likely there was room for Haaland if the club were willing to make the decsions to allow for that.

serghei

Just going to repost this gem of a post for serghei who still thinks Xavi doesn't rate the veterans and is playing them out of necessity.

It's possible that he rates them but also understands they are on their last legs. He himself was benched by Rakitic in 2015 after being starter in the season before. So if you get a top younger player in a position and that players delivers fast, you can see changes, big chances, even from season to season.

Pique is a similar case. How can Pique not play almost nonstop when your other options are Johnson's Baby Garcia and Lenglet.

At DM he should have gave De Jong more games at DM. That's my major blame for him.

DonAK

To be honest I won't be surprised if they have no money to spend at all either and have been bluffing all the time here and been feeding the press stories to keep them off their backs.

Wouldn't be the first time they've been lying :shrug:

In that case we're essentially fucked and in the Milan banter era for real.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
It's possible that he rates them but also understands they are on their last legs. He himself was benched by Rakitic in 2015 after being starter in the season before. So if you get a top player in a position and that players delivers fast, you can see changes, big chances, even from season to season.

He was planning to leave when Rakitic got signed. Took Lucho some convincing before he stayed.

I guess we will see next season who Xavi will field.

JamDav1982

It's possible that he rates them but also understands they are on their last legs. He himself was benched by Rakitic in 2015 after being starter in the season before. So if you get a top player in a position and that players delivers fast, you can see changes, big chances, even from season to season.

Busquets, Alba and Pique will be central to team next season barring injury and club will make no attempt to spend what they have to replace them or phase them out.

serghei

How do you think club can pay for Raphinha, Christensen/Kessie etc when have no money and cant spend.

What is the scenario you see in the summer?

If there is room to bring those players in then most likely there was room for Haaland if the club were willing to make the decsions to allow for that.

No because Haaland is considerably more expensive. There's a chance, a good one, Leeds go down and Raphinha becomes a lot less expensive. Christensen and Kessie are free agents. They only cost wages. And not even very high ones.

serghei

Busquets, Alba and Pique will be central to team next season barring injury and club will make no attempt to spend what they have to replace them or phase them out.

:lol: If that happens, it's because they have low money. We're going in circles.

DonAK

There's some rumors Dest will be sold and Alves' contract won't be renewed. Wonder if they'll sign another RB in addition to likely Azpilicueta or whether Azpi/Roberto will be our RBs next season.

Home of Barca Fans