23 - Jules Kounde

ajnotkeith

No I disagree. I think they could compete with what City are paying for Haaland that is the point.

What is the scenario Barca can register Kessie/Christensen for 25m+ on the books and not 45m for Haaland?

You spent a lot of time arguing about how much clubs should pay Haaland across 5 years when now claim impossible anyway.

Back then it was all about 350m being too much and 200m what would pay.

Want to make it about money one way or other.

45m / year + transfer fee + commissions for Haaland will be much more than our total spend this upcoming summer.

Let's see if Christensen and Kessie come and on what wage but word is we need significant exits to sign even them, and to sign Haaland would take a massive financial effort and a lot of outgoings.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This Kounde rumour doesn't make sense to me. We already got Christensen , Pique who will be a bonafide starter and Araujo who we just gave a salary raise.

Romero said last week that Alemany/Barca are going to sign a CB who they see as "the one", whatever that means, presumably a super talent/player that could start alongside Araujo.

Could be Kounde or someone else. There's a new name every day.

serghei

Summer will clear everything out. We make big moves, we have money. We make cheapo loans and get some serviceable rejects in their 30s, we don't. Simple as that.

JamDav1982

45m / year + transfer fee + commissions for Haaland will be much more than our total spend this upcoming summer.

Let's see if Christensen and Kessie come and on what wage but word is we need significant exits to sign even them, and to sign Haaland would take a massive financial effort and a lot of outgoings.

No that is not the 45m a year.

45m is based on what is reported as salary, commissions and fee.

Can change it to 55m if want but point remains.

The word is Barca need to sign CVC to be able to register Kessie/Christensen.

serghei

No that is not the 45m a year.

45m is based on what is reported as salary, commissions and fee.

Can change it to 55m if want but point remains.

The word is Barca need to sign CVC to be able to register Kessie/Christensen.

So, what happens if the proposed CVC deal is not good for the club?

JamDav1982

Summer will clear everything out. We make big moves, we have money. We make cheapo loans and get some serviceable rejects, we don't. Simple as that.

No it isnt that simple as Barca may not see anyone worth spending the money on that wants to come to club or give up players at club could use to get them.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Romero said last week that Alemany/Barca are going to sign a CB who they see as "the one", whatever that means, presumably a super talent/player that could start alongside Araujo.

Could be Kounde or someone else. There's a new name every day.

Hopefully there is some truth to that , even though I just can't picture Xavi benching Pique.

serghei

No it isnt that simple as Barca may not see anyone worth spending the money on that wants to come to club or give up players at club could use to get them.

Ah, true, our team is so good on multiple positions that it's Haaland or bust. We're gonna keep the money stashed while we play Garcia and Lenglet :lol: Come on...

DonAK

Hopefully there is some truth to that , even though I just can't picture Xavi benching Pique.

That decision might have to come from upstairs(Laporta, Alemany, Jordi Cruyff) with regards to Pique and Busquets. Alba probably starts another year. I don't think we get a replacement for him this summer, but maybe the next.

But with rumors about Busquets wanting to leave for MLS in 2023 and Pique literally partying every week with Riqui Puig and being injured all the time they're easy choices to phase out right after the World Cup this winter.

JamDav1982

Ah, true, our team is so good on multiple positions that it's Haaland or bust. We're gonna keep the money stashed while we play Garcia and Lenglet :lol: Come on...

That has no relevance to point made.

Aye club have already signed a CB and renewed another but they will be looking to play Lenglet this summer unless sign another one.

Try again.

serghei

That decision might have to come from upstairs(Laporta, Alemany, Jordi Cruyff) with regards to Pique and Busquets. Alba probably starts another year. I don't think we get a replacement for him this summer, but maybe the next.

But with rumors about Busquets wanting to leave for MLS in 2023 and Pique literally partying every week with Riqui Puig and being injured all the time they're easy choices to phase out right after the World Cup this winter.

I doubt the manager is not in on these things. Why, just because he talks nice about them in pressers? Pep talks nice about everyone. If some president sacks him, Pep would say how the guy is the greatest president he ever worked with.

DonAK

I doubt the manager is not in on these things. Why, just because he talks nice about them in pressers? Pep talks nice about everyone. If some president sacks him, Pep would say how the guy is the greatest president he ever worked with.

We'll see. Pep wasn't close friends with the players he got rid of from his playing days.

It's a different situation. Xavi is in a tough spot, but he and the club either make those tough decisions or go down with them.

Home of Barca Fans