23 - Jules Kounde

serghei

Barca are not skint to point could not complete the deal being quoted for Haaland.

You believe it is all about finances though. Buying what the club are selling.

Not all about finances, but finances are basically a key part of every deal regarding a top-rated player.

serghei

Just look at De Jong. Guy was a Barca fan and we still had to match PSG's offer, ending up overpaying for him. Today if you are after top-rated players you need to bring in the greens too.

It's that, or get as good as Liverpool at landing top prospects for a few years. But even they had to fork big money to elevate their team eventually. Saw they had shit keepers, went on and bought a top 3 keeper in Alisson for a near world-record fee for keepers.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Just look at De Jong. Guy was a Barca fan and we still had to match PSG's offer, ending up overpaying for him. Today if you after top-rated players you need to bring in the greens.

It's that, or get as good as Liverpool at landing top prospects for a few years.

FDJ didnt even know the finances involved when he chose Barca. That was thrashed out after he chose. Granted it could still fall flat there but the narrative is Barca told him could go to PSG for more money, City for Pep but he would leave soon or Barca where a style never changes.

It is irrelevant to the point anyway as point is Barca could pay what likes of City are for Haaland.

No one is saying 'overpay' for players to get them based on finances anyway.

Last edited:

serghei

FDJ didnt even know the finances involved when he chose Barca. That was thrashed out after he chose. Granted it could still fall flat there but the narrative is Barca told him could go to PSG for more money, City for Pep but he would leave soon or Barca where a style never changes.

It is irrelevant to the point anyway as point is Barca could pay what likes of City are for Haaland.

No one is saying 'overpay' for players to get them based on finances anyway.

Barca could not have afforded Haaland. Don't know why you keep insisting with this. And even if we could have afforded him, the team is not strong enough to compete for titles compared to City.

Haaland is too high profile player compared with what we can bring, from all points of view.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Barca could not have afforded Haaaland. Don't know why you keep insisting with this. And even if he could have afforded him, the team is not strong enough to compete for titles compared to City.

Disagree. I think if Haaland wanted move they could make it happen.

Team not being strong enough does nothing but back up my point as to one of real reasons he chose City and not finances.

What is the situation that Barca can add 25m of new salaries for Kessie/Christense and not afford Haaland at say 45m a year on the books?

serghei

Disagree. I think if Haaland wanted move they could make it happen.

Team not being strong enough does nothing but back up my point as to one of real reasons he chose City and not finances.

I never excluded your argument. You excluded finances playing a role. It's both. We have neither financial power to fund expensive players, nor a top team to give these top players the chance to fight for big titles right away.

Nobody comes to Barca on the premise that maybe in 2-3 years we could challenge for the big titles. They see a team that finished 12 points behind Madrid, got knocked out by Frankfurt in EL, and got trashed in CL in the last 5 years in a row.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I never excluded your argument. You excluded finances playing a role. It's both. We have neither financial power, nor a top team.

Nope I said Barca could have matched what City paid for Haaland and not that finances never play a role in transfers.

Its not both if financially Barca can pay what City have.

How can Barca register 25m of salaries for Christensen/Kessie and under same rules have no way to make room for Haaland at say 45m a season?

I have said it is not financial reasons club couldnt make it happen so listing footballing reasons backs up my argument.

serghei

Nope I said Barca could have matched what City paid for Haaland and not that finances never play a role in transfers.

Its not both if financially Barca can pay what City have.

How can Barca register 25m of salaries for Christensen/Kessie and under same rules have no way to make room for Haaland at say 45m a season?

Barca can't compete financially with City, not with Haaland or other players of that type. Clear as day for me. But even if they could, getting Haaland would have been unlikely. Nobody goes to teams based on promises and past glory. Look at Milan.

I tell you what though. If Barca has the funds as you say, we shouldn't have issues seeing some top players come here for big money. Let's wait and see who we get.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barca can't compete financially with City, not with Haaland or other players of that type. Clear as day for me. But even if they could, getting Haaland would have been unlikely. Nobody goes to teams based on promises and past glory. Look at Milan.

That's simply not true.

We were more than willing to pay his release clause, 20m net per year + commissions for him. Maybe our financial offer would be a bit less than others, but it would have still been a big, big package for him.

The only reason both Barca and Real Madrid are making the "financial reasons, too much money" excuse is because Haaland chose City.

JamDav1982

No I disagree. I think they could compete with what City are paying for Haaland that is the point.

What is the scenario Barca can register Kessie/Christensen for 25m+ on the books and not 45m for Haaland?

You spent a lot of time arguing about how much clubs should pay Haaland across 5 years when now claim impossible anyway.

Back then it was all about 350m being too much and 200m what would pay.

Want to make it about money one way or other.

Last edited:

serghei

That's simply not true.

We were more than willing to pay his release clause, 20m net per year + commissions for him. Maybe our financial offer would be a bit less than others, but it would have still been a big, big package for him.

The only reason both Barca and Real Madrid are making the "financial reasons, too much money" excuse is because Haaland chose City.

Same answer as above. All is fine then. If we can splash that money then we're gonna improve the team with some top players. We have plenty of other positions ready to be filled. Bring in Kounde and Tchouameni.

I'm waiting to see the club putting all those funds in action this summer.

serghei

Hopefully, but not necessarily if Xavi want his Spanish bums as reported.

I see Ruben Neves, Tchouameni, Kounde names too. Those are the names that would cost the serious money.

Azpilicueta would be more like a cheapo signing. Those two lines are separate, and do not interesect. I doubt we'll be splashing 40m to transfer Azpilicueta and Alonso from Chelsea.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
This Kounde rumour doesn't make sense to me. We already got Christensen , Pique who will be a bonafide starter and Araujo who we just gave a salary raise.

Home of Barca Fans