23 - Jules Kounde

Andresito

Staff member
Lenglet and Vidal weren't brought in to be starters. Right about our luck with Frenchies. But tbf Griezmann was known by anyone to be a bad fit and Umtiti was a great signing until injuries hit. Dembele was the biggest disappointment, but also we didn't scout him properly.

Not many good CBs on the market. Kounde at least seems like he would be good.

He probably would be pretty good, but 60-65m good is where I get skeptical. We're getting Christensen for free, I get that Kounde is better, but with the lack of cash and many other positions needing reinforcement it might not be wise to spend 60m on him. That unless of course he and Araujo become some kind of super pairing at CB, but it's a big gamble imo.

Messi983

He probably would be pretty good, but 60-65m good is where I get skeptical. We're getting Christensen for free, I get that Kounde is better, but with the lack of cash and many other positions needing reinforcement it might not be wise to spend 60m on him. That unless of course he and Araujo become some kind of super pairing at CB, but it's a big gamble imo.

Fair point but I think Xavi and the club actually believe Kounde would be the best complement to Araujo.

If we look at a bigger picture and they would really form a great CB pair we could have future 4 CBs (for next 3-4 years if not more) for a combined fee of 60m or whatever we'd pay for Kounde as we've signed Garcia, Christensen and Araujo (almost) for free. Obviously we could replace Christensen or Garcia with Marmol or another Barca B player (who would also be free/cheap) as a 4th CB down the road if we'd get our starting CBs settled and also have a reliable 3rd CB.

That said, there are surely also alternatives to Kounde. I've already mentioned Piero Hincapie here a few times and I've read a few days ago Tottenham is willing to pay 40m for him. Now obviously would be a gamble as well, probably bigger than Kounde despite lower price due to less experience at the top level (has only played one season in BL) but I really like what I saw from him. He's also left footed and has even played as a LB sometimes for Bayer. If Xavi is considering using 3-4-3/3-5-2 more then I think having a leftie as that wide LCB would also be useful. Ajax's Lisandro Martinez is another option although he'll probably go to United if they'll actually sell him.

Of course Kounde is good enough technically and also athletic to potentialy cover opposing wingers if exposed 1 on 1 (and he probably would be with Alba playing high on the pitch on that side) but wouldn't be exactly using him to his strengths.

Also, about reinforcing other positions are we actually sure we would spend those 60m (if we won't sign Kounde) smarter? Would you rather pay 60m for Raphinha for example? Or assuming we sign Koulibaly for 35m and use some of that "saved" money (difference between his and Kounde's price) to pay 50m+ for Lewa and 10m for Alonso or something like that?

Porque

Official offer from FC Barcelona for Jules Kounde. 23m euros loan + Obligatory purchase option @ 40m (paid over 2 years). From Sevilla they see Kounde as 90% a Barcelona player [Random Cunt]

Tidied that up for you. Personally Random Cunt is my go to for Barca news these days.

wisconsincule

I want a another big center back next to Araujo. Wasn’t he kinda meh last season too?

Again where is our scouting department? Why are we always targeting players when their transfer values are the highest they will be in their career?

mc_lovin

I want a another big center back next to Araujo. Wasn’t he kinda meh last season too?

Again where is our scouting department? Why are we always targeting players when their transfer values are the highest they will be in their career?

He's awesome. For me the best CB on the market.

Kul_z

Well, to be honest pedri and araujo in a span of two years is good scouting. What we lack is recognizing players in 10-20m radius which i agree with you. But then, its hard to sell someone to barca for 10m now because being under 21 and only the rumour that barca is interested increases the price to 30+ instantly. Thats barto for you, we are known in last decade to overpay absolutely anyone.

Kul_z

Agree with that, idea of playing big games with araujo paired with another big cb and kounde on rb looks rock solid. Put fdj instead of busq and i wont have heart attacks on counters anymore. No room for backpass fdj is quick and responsible enough to cover, put a cross and there's araujo and the other one waiting in the box, go for dribble you have kounde who's cb naturally and a bit smaller so he aint easy to go past him. I just dont know how fast kounde is, anyone?

Joan

Could be a type of deal Sevilla prefers as they owe Bordeaux a percentage of future sales.

He's awesome.

serghei

Everything is a gamble tbh when you have financial problems. Kounde, Raphinha and others too.

gregorrin10

Some random cunt claiming our offer to Sevilla is:

22m loan fee for 2022/23 season and 40m obligatory purchase clause next year which will be paid over two years.

https://twitter.com/carpetasFCB/status/1540015934345199616

This would actually be insanely good. Even better, since it seems to suit Sevilla more as well (Bordeaux would then only get 8M instead of 13, if they sell him for full 65M this summer). So they'd be saving 5M that way, plus only getting 2M less altogether, and we'll probably have more money to spend next summer, so it makes sense from our end too. Rare occasion you see in transfers, but this way both clubs would benefit from it to happen like this.

I'm just not sure about him and Araujo together, since they're both hard core RCB and have been playing there their whole career. I know it's still the same position (CB), but it's still the other side, and it would take quite a lot of adjusting from one of them, which could mean trouble. I'm assuming Kounde would be the one to play LCB, since he's better with the ball at his feet. Unless Christensen also plays, but then Kounde would actually play RB, which I know he can, but I feel like he'd be a little bit of a waste there.

Home of Barca Fans