23 - Jules Kounde

MTL_Barca

At this point every expensive transfer get's me kinda worried. We can't afford overpaying for average players anymore, and 60M for a defender is a lot of money.

Maguire 87M
De Ligt 85M
Van Dijk 85M
L. Hernandez 80M
Dias 68M
Cancelo 65M
Laporte 65M

Would put him at 8th place for most expensive defenders of all time.

He's a great player dont get me wrong and i would like to see him at Barca, but at this point every expensive signing should better work out because we just sold valuable assets to be able to afford new players.

We don't need "okay-ish but too expensive" type of transfers like Ferran, we need to really hit the nail on the head to get back on track. If Kounde is that kind of player then yeah great and worth the money, getting another 23 year old top quality defender would be amazing.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
At this point every expensive transfer get's me kinda worried. We can't afford overpaying for average players anymore, and 60M for a defender is a lot of money.

Maguire 87M
De Ligt 85M
Van Dijk 85M
L. Hernandez 80M
Dias 68M
Cancelo 65M
Laporte 65M

He's a great player dont get me wrong and i would like to see him at Barca, but at this point every expensive signing should better work out because we just sold valuable assets to be able to afford new players.

We don't need "okay-ish but too expensive" type of transfers like Ferran, we need to really hit the nail on the head to get back on track. If Kounde is that kind of player then yeah great and worth the money, getting another 23 year old top quality defender would be amazing.

Dias was practically only 53m as they sold Otamendi for 15m at the same time.

But I get your point. 60m+ for Kounde is too risky for me. I'd be very happy if I was Chelsea and getting him for that price, but with our economy it's such a huge risk, and I'm not 100% convinced of him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Koulibaly is just better. He's the finished product. If he can give us three good years that would suffice. I am getting average vibes for Kounde. I honestly think he's overrated and once he comes here he'll be exposed.
It's just that Xavi is a complete dick and thinks he knows everything. I'm hoping Chelsea take Kounde and we get Koulibaly. We've had enough bad experiences with Frenchies but this club never learns.

I'm not disputing that, but Kounde is not an average player or an average talent. He has everything you want in a modern day CB except for height and it's not a big issue anyway as he's not weak.

I wouldn't mind Koulibaly at all, have mentioned him as an option before myself especially with his leadership qualities, but if Napoli want 40m for him which they might it's not the best idea to spend 40m on Koulibaly and another 40m on Lewandowski.

Club cannot spend so much money for short-term players. Have to think long-term as well. Especially in our current situation.

fergus90

One of Kounde or Koulibaly is a great signing and a definite upgrade on quality.

Not really bothered who arrives, as long as one of them does.

jamrock

That list of defenders & the price they went for is so crazy considering only VVD of that list will go down as a generational player for his business, really not that many great defenders out there, makes him look even better in comparison.

Kounde for 60+m is definitely too much but that's where the market is right now, I'm pretty sure we can find a better defender out their for half the price with some scouting.

The primary benefit of signing him vs Koulibaly, is that 3 years from now we'll be looking to sign another 60+m defender, while with Kounde the solution is long term & he has resale value.

I can understand the lewa move, but we already have two many olders players, for that reason I would take the risk on Kounde.

Unless we sign this Brazilian kid we've been linked to & Koulibaly, to edge out bets, that's a better idea.

khaled_a_d

Maguire 87M
De Ligt 85M
Van Dijk 85M
L. Hernandez 80M
Dias 68M
Cancelo 65M
Laporte 65M

VVD was great deal which is amazing because he was overpriced due to Liverpool antics and trying to bully hampton, but it is just a simple case that when you get elite player, the price never matter.
Cancelo, Dias & Laporte all solid deals tbh. Type of deals you don't complain about.
If De Ligt renews or get sold, it is same deal for Juve, they either get their money back or get durability value.
Hernandez is overpriced tbh, no way he was worth 80M, still a solid starter who might still give Bayern another 7 years.
Maguire is the only true bust there tbh

Kind make me feel better about a potential deal.

vuji_31

I don't know, I think we are better with Koulibaly, Kounde seems overrated after this season.

I woould rather get Kiulibaly or Gvardiol.

Kounde is too small.

Temptation

It's not because of height. Koulibaly is just better at Football and superior mentally. Been a fan of him for years. Absolute travesty that this guy didn't get to play for one of the elite clubs challenging for trophies. Kane syndrome basically.

People need to stop pretending like Kounde is Thiago Silva.

Kounde would be perfect for Chelsea's system under Tuchel but he would probably prefer a Barca move.

vuji_31

Sevilla want cash, and we need to sign first Lewa, RW CM and then CB.

I don't belive we will have enough cash for all of them

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If we have the money (we don't yet), I'd rather we get Kounde and Porro and invest in our future than wasting it on Lewandowski.

serghei

If we have the money (we don't yet), I'd rather we get Kounde and Porro and invest in our future than wasting it on Lewandowski.

I agree. Lewa is worth it for 30-35m tops. That's it. If you pay more and you don't win the league next season, that's a bad deal.

Kounde and Raphinha.

serghei

They should let him go for 35mil. It is fair price.

If they got Mane, then leverage is on us. An unhappy superstar could ruin the atmosphere in their team. 35m take it or leave it should be final offer. Make it 35 + 10 if we win CL during his 2-3 years here :lol:.

soul24rage

If they got Mane, then leverage is on us. An unhappy superstar could ruin the atmosphere in their team. 35m take it or leave it should be final offer. Make it 35 + 10 if we win CL during his 2-3 years here :lol:.

Make it 35 + 35 if we do win the CL during his time here :lol:

Home of Barca Fans