23 - Jules Kounde

Sooke

Spanish Lenglet, nothing more. Need to get Gvardiol or Skriniar, if we lose Kounde.

Well, I will always agree to that (Gvardiol, Skriniar) but our front office is not even mentioning their names as an alternative. I can also suggest looking in Brazil, Argentina or Uruguay for a young center back, who won't cost even the half of their price.

serghei

The board needs to analyze if getting Kounde would allow us to challenge for CL even from next season. My opinion is no. We're not ready. We can win the league by signing no one else and keeping De Jong. Plus registering every signing of course.

I would say anything over 60m is very risky for a defender that is not proven. How much better is Kounde vs Christensen? My opinion is he is not 60 times better lol.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Chelsea reporters now worried Barca activating their second lever tomorrow will derail Chelsea's signing of him :lol:

Would be funny if that happens. Alemany simply matching Chelsea's bid, not letting Sevilla engage both teams in a bid war, and then have Kounde decide where to go with even English reporters and Di Marzio's goons as well as the tap-in merchant Fabrizio Romano have all said he prefers Barca.

JamDav1982

The board needs to analyze if getting Kounde would allow us to challenge for CL even from next season. My opinion is no. We're not ready. We can win the league by signing no one else and keeping De Jong. Plus registering every signing of course.

I would say anything over 60m is very risky for a defender that is not proven. How much better is Kounde vs Christensen? My opinion is he is not 60 times better lol.

He wouldnt be getting signed for just next season and they will try and make as strong a side as they can for next few years.

Even going further in CL rounds brings more money let alone winning it.

fergus90

Kounde would be a very good signing but I can see foresee him being shoved to RB so Pique remains in the XI.

serghei

Chelsea reporters now worried Barca activating their second lever tomorrow will derail Chelsea's signing of him :lol:

Would be funny if that happens. Alemany simply matching Chelsea's bid, not letting Sevilla engage both teams in a bid war, and then have Kounde decide where to go with even English reporters and Di Marzio's goons as well as the tap-in merchant Fabrizio Romano have all said he prefers Barca.

At this rate, we need to find the 5th lever to activate just so we can see the meltdowns in EPL fan forums. :lol:

mc_lovin

There is no mystical threshold to be able to compete in the CL. Just look at the recent two winners. We have a good shot at putting out a team as good as them this season.

KingLeo10

There is no mystical threshold to be able to compete in the CL. Just look at the recent two winners. We have a good shot at putting a team out as good as them this season.

Not with MATS in goal, no. And Busquets will reveal himself to be a massive liability the moment we come up against an elite team that presses.

It's the same story every season. Until those two weak links are phased out, we're still CL pretenders.

Joan

Worse teams have won it. I don't think we'll come close to winning for various reasons but they're building a team. Kounde is 23, if he is a hit, and not a miss it won't matter if we pay 55 or 60. Regardless of our CL performance next season.

Don't worry about Pique, I doubt he stays fit for more than a few months. The club has obviously moved on from him too with our strong interest in CB market. Remains to move on from his contract too.

serghei

Not with MATS in goal, no. And Busquets will reveal himself to be a massive liability the moment we come up against an elite team that presses.

It's the same story every season. Until those two weak links are phased out, we're still CL pretenders.

I think we're close to challenging, but as you say, 2-3 positions will lead to our demise. We're not known to win CL by hook or crook. This would be like like a historic first. Us winning a CL like Madrid or Chelsea. Don't see it.

In this sense, we're like Bayern. They also win CL in elite years and that's it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We need a CB with Kounde's athleticism alongside Araujo to have a shot IMO.

Christensen is good, but I see him as a 3rd choice CB type of player. We're especially screwed if Christensen is the starter and one of him or Araujo gets injured and Pique is the next in line.

Home of Barca Fans