23 - Jules Kounde

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Can someone enlighten me of what these levers entail?

The 1st lever was selling 10% of our TV rights for the next 25 years to 6th Street. The 2nd lever, which reportedly will be activated tomorrow (Spanish time) would see us selling another 15% of TV rights to 6th Street. The 3rd lever, initially was supposed to be selling 49% of BLM but the club has decided to keep BLM 100% with the club for now. There are talks of possibly selling 49% of Barca Studios, which would not generate much money (50m perhaps).

Temptation

Wow, Fabrizio even tweeted the famous 'here we go' today, didn't even realize until now. I'm very interested to see who the club will go for, if that deal is really done. Only a few names pop up in my mind. Gvardiol would be pretty exciting, while Skriniar would be the dream. All I ask is just please no Inigo Martinez or any mediocre crap like that. Or even worse, not signing another CB.

If he tweeted Here we go already, why are you wondering which CB...?

Can't follow what you're sayin. What am I missing?

gregorrin10

If he tweeted Here we go already, why are you wondering which CB...?

Can't follow what you're sayin. What am I missing?

Sorry, totally spaced out, was looking at a fake Fabrizio account (since I clicked through it by 'here we go' trending instead of looking it up through the search), didn't even realize it until I saw the next tweet about Cristiano joining Chelsea and here we go, then I knew something was off. :lol: I already deleted my comment, please delete yours as well to not give people the wrong idea.
It isn't done yet, obviously.

Last edited:

vuji_31

I think we lost battle.

I would not be mad, but after Lounde we are going fkr retards like Inigo Martinez or guy from Roma.

What to say.

Defense is shit every year, just buying attackers.

Porque

Inigo will stay at Bilbao. Wasn't he Valverde's wet dream when at Barca?

From Marca [Kounde]

"Barcelona , ​​without offering at any time, has been waiting to see how events unfolded. He did not want to invest so much in a footballer for the defense, since the list of central defenders they have is extensive and despite being an express request from Xavi , Laporta will not be able to satisfy him on this occasion. "

Not the best of sources for Barca, but that reads like Kounde or no one. Which means end of market "Pique has never felt better" , "The new signing is Pique" news from MD and Sport.

Last edited:

vuji_31

Well better no one then players like that.

Too bad we missed Koulibaly. They should played this better.

They are going even for Kimpembe (chelsea).

Porque

Bremer officially signed for Juve. 48m+8m. Very large sum.

We do have options for defence though not great ones. Enough to get through a season and challenge for LaLiga though. But Kounde is/was a good long term option with years of success in Spain.

fergus90

Skriniar would actually be better than Kounde. Probably the only player who is better and at the same time is attainable this summer. Others like Gvardiol (still a very good option!) may have world class potential, but they're not there yet. And seems the club is finally determined to get a truly world class CB in, even after getting Christensen, who was a great pickup for free. In the past we would've been totally content with getting just Christensen this summer. For me that's a clear sign the club is ready to move on from Pique and his clown antics...finally! This is his last season for sure, and even then it won't be a bigger role than Xavi in 2015, if even that. If we get another world class CB in, all that's left for Pique is to fight with Garcia for the 4th spot.

Skriniar has actually been insane for Inter, best CB in the league by far, has been for 2 years. With players like De Ligt and Koulibaly also there at that time, that's big. Inter fans absolutely adore him. But he deserves a top club by now. His tackling, speed and anticipation are all top notch. I admit I haven't watched him enough to comment on his ball playing ability, maybe someone who watches Inter could shed some more light on that?

In any case, I'm glad the club are recognizing that a modern CB needs to first of all be strong and pacy. And that we're starting to look for defenders whose biggest ability is to actually defend, and not prioritize the ball playing ability over it. Basically moving on from the Piques and Lenglets to real, no nonsense defenders. Only after that, if they have great technique and ball playing ability, even better.

Skriniar is better than Kounde I agree 100%, the guy is a beast

Joan

Going from 65 to 70 for a better player is not that big of a jump. If salary isn't wild.

I still haven't given up on Kounde though. Had he preferred Chelsea, it would've already be done.

fergus90

I wouldn't be against Kounde being signed, he is a very good player too. I think it's more likely he joins Barcelona than Chelsea too.

Home of Barca Fans