24 - Eric García

mc_lovin

It's not one bad game.
He was systematically exposed at City whenever facing attackers with pace.
His package is obsolete for football at the highest level in 2021

He barely played for City.

No doubt there are some question marks about him, but how about giving him a season first? There's plenty to learn about him.

Birdy

I am not willing to give him a season playing all the games vs teams that press.
We saw what happens then

mc_lovin

I am not willing to give him a season playing all the games vs teams that press.
We saw what happens then

Bravo. You made up your mind about him after a couple of games for City when he was 19 and a bad performance against Bilbao (on the back of a relatives death). I wish I had your quick wit and decisiveness.

khaled_a_d

We saw what happens then

You better get used to it then, because unless injured he will be playing and starting a lot of games.
At worst, will be one our top 3 CB in minutes

xXKonan

It's a long season and let us see how Garcia does overall.

I've lost patience with the likes of Umtiti and Lenglet they gotten more than enough chances here. I'm just hoping Garcia, Araujo, Mingueza, and Pique will be good enough to weather the storm.

MTL_Barca

If we discard everyone who is bad vs high intensity pressing teams we might as well just not play any games :lol: Especially in defense our other options next to Araujo are old Pique, Lenglet, Umtiti and Mingueza...it's not like any of these pairings look too promising either.

We'll see how Garcia can develop, i don't think it's necessary to have two super speedy CBs but the defending and his strength are questionable as well. That sounds like Lenglet 2.0. and i'm sure nobody wants to see that, but it's not entirely impossible to improve it at his age.

Anyway i'll still rather see Garcia than these expensive bums so even if it doesn't work out in the long run it was worth the shot and likely a decent transfer. We'll need a top class defender anyway because from the current squad at least 3 of the CBs won't or shouldn't be here for much longer but for now all we can do is hope one of the young guys can make it.

Joan

Didn't watch either game, but this thread's opinion turned from amazing to utter trash real quick. Some days ago folks discussed him reaching Pique's level, today he's on his way to Getafe.

Messi983

Didn't watch either game, but this thread's opinion turned from amazing to utter trash real quick. Some days ago folks discussed him reaching Pique's level, today he's on his way to Getafe.

Welcome to Barcaforum where everyhing is seen from a black or white perspective. :)

People opinions about him will probably change again when they'll see another Lenglet special against Getafe. :lol:

Anyway, I've always expected Garcia to struggle against pacy strikers like Inaki and his brother. That's why I've suggested to start Araujo. I think Garcia-Araujo partnership looked ok but obviously they need more time to gel together. Once that happens they should be good against most La Liga teams. Also, don't blame him for a red. Don't know if Nico would score there but he probably saved us a point.

Birdy

That shows the light-headed predisposition of the majority here...

Never fell for that 'mighty game' against Sociedad.
Everybody can look like a king when not pressed.
The real arena is when the modern intensity is applied

SmilerBam

Tell you everything about the football knowledge of some here. There's no middle ground anymore. We only live in the extremes, patience is just a foreign word...

JamDav1982

Tell you everything about the football knowledge of some here. There's no middle ground anymore. We only live in the extremes, patience is just a foreign word...

Extremes like you claiming Depay was over rated and not needed to being Barcas best forward after couple games?

Home of Barca Fans