24 - Eric García

khaled_a_d

Also, I don't want to sound arrogant (I will), but people who think he can play DM are clueless.

I don't believe he will be a DM either, but at this point it is worth a shot tbh.
He is bad CB as it stands since he fucks up twice per game, or more in case he faces a much superior physical attacker, and we don't have a DM.
It is natural to try to make use of him at this position and see it with our eyes.

Can't wait to see him back as a distant squad option. Let's get Skriniar and make him 5th option pls. Fuck up machine.

He is 1st option in defense in case one of 3 starters miss a game, he is closer to starter than distant squad option.
Kounde (RB), Christensen & Araujo as CB.
One of those 3 gets rested or injured, And Eric is a starter. Especially considering Araujo is essentially our back up RB.

Skriniar is PSG bound anyway, Inigo Martinez is more likely but more important we need to get a new RB to make Araujo & Kounde full time CB

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

Another thing people need to accept is it's not only the fact he's weak that causes him to fuck up. He's actually just bad at defending.

There are many CBs who are weaker or lean who made great careers and were good in defense, not making a catastrophic error every game. For example Christensen is not the strongest at all but far more reliable and secure than Garcia.

Garcia on top of being physically bad is in fact just a bad defender, he always mistimes challenges, his body position is terrible when marking attackers and often gets fooled by turns. He is a foul machine and it's very easy for opposing attackers to bait a foul out of him if they want.

CB is not his position, but it doesn't seem he would be a great DM either for this level, probably the reality is he isn't good enough to play at a high level in any position.

Birdy

He's not soft (a guy like Bartra is), Garcia has plenty of fight. He's just physically weak.

Also, I don't want to sound arrogant (I will), but people who think he can play DM are clueless.

You sound so...

DM is the best shot until he fixes his defensive blunders.
Two goals handed in the two crucial games within 3 days.

His passing range and vision is 2nd to none in the team.
He is ahead of Busi right now, who has been our best passer unquestionably

Temptation

Why did Barca buy/rate him though???

He's been utter horsecrap since his City days. Is one of the worst defenders I have seen.

Why did Xavi fancy him??

Atleast Ferran looked promising for City.....

Porque

He's our third or forth CB for now. That's not a bad role considering who should be in front of him. He can do a better job against the majority of LaLiga opposition until someone line Chadi can prove otherwise.

And for the other games Christ, Ronald and Jules will be ahead in normal circumstances.

As for DMC, we have Gavi and Pedri to try their first if both continue to be tentative on final third passes.

Yes if we were to go back to mid 2000s football where guys like Marquez and Edmilson can do the job there then he would be passable. But in 2022 he just won't have the all around game.

Birdy

As for DMC, we have Gavi and Pedri to try their first if both continue to be tentative on final third passes.

Yes if we were to go back to mid 2000s football where guys like Marquez and Edmilson can do the job there then he would be passable. But in 2022 he just won't have the all around game.

GAvi is shit at passing.
Pedri wastes a lot of time on the ball, he doesn't release it quickly, that's why he should be an interior

Given that Nico is away on loan, Eric is the only option to replace Busi

Porque

GAvi is shit at passing.
Pedri wastes a lot of time on the ball, he doesn't release it quickly, that's why he should be an interior

Given that Nico is away on loan, Eric is the only option to replace Busi

I'd say both can excel with having no responsibility for creative passing. Both hold 90%+ passing in LaLiga while Pedri dwells because he is scanning for offensive solutions.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Eric as a CDM is just a terrible idea. He cannot defend and gets bullied off the ball easily. Not to forget him being slow. Will just get exposed even more in the midfield.

Barcilliant

The problem is Xavi and Lucho have this obsession with a CB being good at brining the ball out. Forget the fact that he is completely crap at actually defending. He has no pace, bad in the air,weak, small, bad positioning.....I could go on. BUT still Xavi and Lucho pick him. We kicked out crap Lenglet and replaced him with this equally bad player. We just never learn.

Messi983

Eric as a CDM is just a terrible idea. He cannot defend and gets bullied off the ball easily. Not to forget him being slow. Will just get exposed even more in the midfield.

I mean, that's what's required for Barca DM these days, isn't it? :busquets:

Home of Barca Fans