24 - Eric García

Andresito

Staff member
Can he be converted into DM? Like a Marquez/Edmilson did before?
It seems like better position to his tools.

I've thought about this as well. But I don't think he can play with the ball with his back turned. Theoretically Lenglet who's very good on the ball for CB could also be moved to DM.
CB's almost always face the whole pitch with nobody in their backs, playing DM demands a different kind of technique and calmness on the ball, which most CB's lack.

FinBarcelonafan

He probably had a bad game vs Atletico. Physically, I'm happy with Mingueza. It's his positioning and rash tackles that are the problem so far.

Yep you are right. Mingueza is very fast. Probably quicker acceleration to Araujo and same top speed as Araujo. So very quick and fast.

jamrock

I don't know why so many are hating on the player, look now Oscar & Araujo turn out this season for us, one of the few bright sparks in our season.

Give him a chance & see how he develops.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Can he be converted into DM? Like a Marquez/Edmilson did before?
It seems like better position to his tools.

Pique did this when he went on loan to Zaragoza from United but Eric is a defender

You will believe when you see him in the 1st team and cynics will regret doubting him

Bobo32

Can this guy be our answer to the RB? .. a defensive RB and on the left side we can have an offensive LB

I was laughed at for suggesting Pique in that kind of role.
I don't know Garcia well enough, but have a picture of him as pretty similar to Pique in some ways. I think it can work.
With this squad, Alba is a given on the left flank, and on the right flank there is no good RB, so it makes sense to have a more defensive RB, allowing in turn a more offensive RW

Before I get a lot of stupid replies to this post, I'll have to make clear that the "formation" is never seen in a football game, there are 11 players with habits and responsibilities, and if you think a bit about it before you reply you realize that Barcelona have played this kind of setup a lot this year with "three at the back".

kattanib

I was laughed at for suggesting Pique in that kind of role.
I don't know Garcia well enough, but have a picture of him as pretty similar to Pique in some ways. I think it can work.
With this squad, Alba is a given on the left flank, and on the right flank there is no good RB, so it makes sense to have a more defensive RB, allowing in turn a more offensive RW

Before I get a lot of stupid replies to this post, I'll have to make clear that the "formation" is never seen in a football game, there are 11 players with habits and responsibilities, and if you think a bit about it before you reply you realize that Barcelona have played this kind of setup a lot this year with "three at the back".

I am with you in that thought, its like a fluid 3CB to 2CB + RB and LB .. in the past it was the CDM that drops back to become the 3rd CB but it can work in different shapes and forms

mc_lovin

Why would anyone want a primarily positional CB as RB? Makes zero sense. Even in a back three Garcia is a terrible fit as RCB - I think Jordi Cruyff explained the need for aggressive and fast wide CBs in his fathers dream team for example.

And we are getting Emerson.

Home of Barca Fans