24 - Eric García

Mateka

He has signed, but who leaves?

Diario Sport are already reporting that Barca have told the Frenchman (Umtiti) that he is not in their plans and that he should seek a move elsewhere this summer.?

Umtiti has a big salary. His injury problems may also be of concern, while he is also contracted to the club until 2023.

Andresito

Staff member
He definitely needs to improve his physicality without question. He was getting bullied by Joelinton and Saint-Maxim away to Newcastle, they were bursting past him and brushing him off for fun.

I think La Liga will suit him more though.

I posted this question in my first post but I'll post it again. How come a club like City didn't put more emphasis on him gaining mass?

Idk, but maybe it's a dangerous thing to do with a teenager who's still growing. There's a possibility more focus will be on the physical side now that he's older, but I doubt he'll transform like Goretzka.

Total-Football

Are the numbers I see accurate or am I tripping.. 16 appearances in the league in 4 years (how many as starters). Lmao those are the numbers of a bum

khaled_a_d

Are the numbers I see accurate or am I tripping.. 16 appearances in the league in 4 years (how many as starters). Lmao those are the numbers of a bum

It is 19 games in 2 years.
13 in a season when he was 18-19 years of age, which is solid, 6 next years after he rejected extension

Barcilliant

I don't think that's a good transfer at all.

He is slow, lacks physical strenght (it struck me how unmuscular he looks) and is quite short for for a CB with only 183 cms in height also not being good at aerial play.

But I wish him luck at Barca and hope pe proves me wrong.

I cannot understand our obsession with weak CBS. Even Pique at his peak was weak. Does the club hate strength and muscle?

FC B

I cannot understand our obsession with weak CBS. Even Pique at his peak was weak. Does the club hate strength and muscle?

The answer is the obsession with with Barca DNA former La Masia players, that's why they signed him since there is absolutely no other reason they would, the lad barely played for City and didn't make an impression.

iniestaGOAT

The answer is the obsession with with Barca DNA former La Masia players, that's why they signed him since there is absolutely no other reason they would, the lad barely played for City and didn't make an impression.

The club just hates singing defenders. Eric Garcia probably was signed cause hes for free and easy sell in few years if he does not work out. Easy profit.

The worst phase was when Yaya worked as a make shift CB and club kept singing CDMs to play CB. Like alex song and mascherano. Mascherano was a beast tho.

Pepe Silvia

I have never seen this dude play... appearance wise, doesn't look like much, but neither did Lenglet and look how well that turned out for us! :)

fergus90

I posted this question in my first post but I'll post it again. How come a club like City didn't put more emphasis on him gaining mass?

Idk, but maybe it's a dangerous thing to do with a teenager who's still growing. There's a possibility more focus will be on the physical side now that he's older, but I doubt he'll transform like Goretzka.

It's strange isn't it. I wonder if once they knew he was not signing the contract to extend, that they basically just stop bothering to monitor his development.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The coaching staff have very little to do with a player's physical development, treatment, diet, etc.

That's on the multiple physios, training staff, nutritionists professional clubs have on their staff. And those people don't care about a player's contract status. They're usually consummate professionals doing their job.

Home of Barca Fans