24 - Thomas Vermaelen

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You'll be hard pressed to name defenders that would suit Barca more than Vermaelen. His skills are exactly what Barca defenders need to have.
Of course that's all very much on paper until he plays more but any discussion on any non-Barca defenders is also very hypothetical.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He also has leadership skills. So in a dud game it would be safe to play him and Bartra together for example.

Gaudi

Very elegant defender, also positioning is great, get's in front of strikers, passes well. He is great defender only problem is well known. If he manages to stay fit and healthy he could offer us a lot (also tactic wise with 3 defenders)

Neymessi

11208629_960345717357677_7813811764829920960_n.jpg

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
He'll be a starter alongside Pique next year, if he stays healthy, mark my words.

I think he can definitely challenge for that LCB spot if (and its a big if) he can stay fit. Only sad thing is that it would make Bartra 5th choice CB :cry:

I think he can definitely challenge for that LCB spot if (and its a big if) he can stay fit. Only sad thing is that it would make Bartra 5th choice CB :cry:

not necessarily
xavi leaves and masche can switch to midfield
alba needs backup too

but bartra played way too little this season

BBZ8800

Yes.
I told even in the beginning of the Season that Bartra will be a 5th choice if everyone will be fit.

Coaches don't have too much faith in Bartra.

Home of Barca Fans