24 - Thomas Vermaelen

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Looked good especially considering hes been out for so long. If he can stay injury free then he will be a real asset

serghei

I think that with the way he plays he could be excellent for us. We need defenders who can also build attacks and aren't scared to play the ball forward, and who can solve duels with their positioning and their reading of the game. I was pleased to see how often Vermaelen connected with Neymar directly, with very precise and very well struck passes. Those aren't simple passes, because there is quite a distance between the sender and the receiver, and therefore the angle of passing must be spot on every time.

Last edited:

FC B

I think that with the way he plays he could be excellent for us. We need defenders who can also build attacks and aren't scared to play the ball forward, and who can solve duels with their positioning and their reading of the game. I was pleased to see how often Vermaelen connected with Neymar directly, with very precise and very well struck passes. Those aren't simple passes, because there is quite a distance between the sender and the receiver, and therefore the angle of passing must be spot on every time.

Exacty my thoughts!

Hamzah

High Definition Member
This guy has cost Barca millions, getting paid for a full season while sitting at home doing absolutely nothing.

But yeah, playing one match in the last pointless fixture and we liked what we saw. What a signing!

He will be very useful for our squad from next season onwards

We are happy for him because he can finally play again. Also if you're mad that he "cost us millions" then might aswell keep him and get use out of him for the next few years.

Last edited:

King5Puyi

I really do believe he was bought for the next season with the ban looming. He was injured right when he got his medical done. They knew he'll be out for a good while. Our new summer signing :)

Neymessi

Wondering who would fit best with vermaelen.Pique maybe.Anyway if all of our defenders and both cdm's stay fit it will be really tough to chose our staring defenders and cdms and a lot of deserving starters will have to be on the bench.

raskolnikov

This guy has cost Barca millions, getting paid for a full season while sitting at home doing absolutely nothing.

But yeah, playing one match in the last pointless fixture and we liked what we saw. What a signing!

How is it his fault? blame zubi for getting an injuryprone player for a high fee. He could have gotten Benatia.

Home of Barca Fans