24 - Thomas Vermaelen

Jombi

It doesnt make sense to not include appearances as part of the clause. The whole point of incentive based fees should be to reduce the risk of the transfer. If he flops and play few games, we dont pay as much as if he is an integral part of a successful team.

Jombi

I dont know who behrox is, but if we include incentives based on what we win regardless of whether that player has contributed to our success or not, then we are muppets. Its completely irrational.

Xavinho

But behrox reports the exact opposite of what you are saying

I don't think so. He said, "no its after a set number of games/minutes which was not met as far as I know". Meaning the bonus is paid after Vermaelen makes a certain number of appearances, which he didn't do, so we don't have to pay.

In any case, on the official website it says the transfer fee was, "10 million Euros, with a further five million in performance bonuses and 3.8 million if the team win the Champions League". I think what some media are reporting now is that we don't have to pay that 3.8M because he never actually appeared for us in the Champions League.

no its after a set number of games/minutes which was not met as far as I know

"its" -> the 4 additional millions that media are reporting we have to pay now

"after a set number of games/minutes which was not met as far as I know"
we'd need to pay 4 mil because vermaelen did NOT play enough. That makes no sense.

The sentence is ambiguous because it also seems like yea, no need to pay up, verm didn't play enough. But that's ignoring the fact that the media are reporting that we have to pay.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
5m are in performance related bonuses which are probably about games/minutes played + trophies won, while one is specifically about a CL win.

I think that'd be regardless of how much he has played or not. That's the one in question here.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
"its" -> the 4 additional millions that media are reporting we have to pay now

"after a set number of games/minutes which was not met as far as I know"
we'd need to pay 4 mil because vermaelen did NOT play enough. That makes no sense.

The sentence is ambiguous because it also seems like yea, no need to pay up, verm didn't play enough. But that's ignoring the fact that the media are reporting that we have to pay.

Sorry for any confusion mate. By "it" I was referring to the clause being triggered only if TV plays a certain number of minutes and since he did not do so, we don't have to pay Arsenal.

Ok then. Grammatically yes it was hella confusing :lol:
The 4M reports from today concern the CL bonus, not the season appearances, which make sense in the way that xavinho etc say they do

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
UEFA don't consider him to be a Champion's League winner so Arsenal will not get their bonus. :bartomeu:

Wenger-shock.png

Catalan Fan

Either way he owes us big time.Gets a Treble for 60 odd mins of play ?

Am expecting 20+ goals next season, 10 assists plus 5 goal line clearances.And that's just for starters ! ;)

Home of Barca Fans