24 - Thomas Vermaelen

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
What else could we expect from him? He wasn't totally terrible, but still not nearly the level we need... It was his first match so I'll cut him some slack for now...

Mitchell1978

Pls stop talking about them , absolutely despise the belgian press when it comes to Belgian players. The hype every little thing they do , and ignore all the mistakes they make. The worst of all is when you a CL game on 2BE and a belgian player or refree is involved in the game. You would think they have 11 new Messi's in ther National team.

true, the belgian press is way to chauvinistic about their players

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He wasn't that bad. When you have shaken players around you (Stegen, Bartra, Adrianoy Masch) you're bound to get affected

Galning

Pls stop talking about them , absolutely despise the belgian press when it comes to Belgian players. The hype every little thing they do , and ignore all the mistakes they make. The worst of all is when you a CL game on 2BE and a belgian player or refree is involved in the game. You would think they have 11 new Messi's in ther National team.

I know bro, that's why I can't help but rant. It's been giving me headaches for years. Worst is watching an EPL game on Telenet with Belgian players in both teams. It's like a 1v1 or a 2v2, all other players don't matter.

kilian

Because he was a waste of money. He's not good enough. Wasn't when he was in his prime, won't change now.

Maybe he isn`t good enough, but this game definitely is not the one to show that.

With absolute crap of a midfield and no protection from them, with Adriano and Alves in his retarded day, Vermaelen played quite solid. He sure isn`t Pique at his best, but in that abysmal team performance yesterday he was the last one to blame. I think he could do ok with a good team around him.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Maybe he isn`t good enough, but this game definitely is not the one to show that.

With absolute crap of a midfield and no protection from them, with Adriano and Alves in his retarded day, Vermaelen played quite solid. He sure isn`t Pique at his best, but in that abysmal team performance yesterday he was the last one to blame. I think he could do ok with a good team around him.

He let Adruiz run free in our box while he was busy watching the ball. You just don't fucking let an opposition player, especially one as good in the air as Adruiz, run free in the box only to be marked in desperation by midget Masch. A professional CB who can't mark for shit and neither has any sort of positional discipline is a steaming pile of dog shit in my eyes.

kilian

Well, by that standards every last one of our CBs is a steaming pile of dog shit, including Pique. They let Sevilla do what they want the other day, with 4 goals conceded and a few more that could easily have gone in.

I`m not saying that Vermaelen is Nesta, but with that disaster team around him, Thiago Silva would look like shit yesterday.

Behrox

Well, by that standards every last one of our CBs is a steaming pile of dog shit, including Pique. They let Sevilla do what they want the other day, with 4 goals conceded and a few more that could easily have gone in.

I`m not saying that Vermaelen is Nesta, but with that disaster team around him, Thiago Silva would look like shit yesterday.

I'm not saying that they should have prevented the goal but performing basic duties as a CB should be one thing you should do.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He's still a better backup than Bartra. I'd have him as fourth choice cb maybe even pushing Mathieu for third choice. Try him at left back too.

Behrox

He's still a better backup than Bartra. I'd have him as fourth choice cb maybe even pushing Mathieu for third choice. Try him at left back too.

how did you manage to draw up that conclusion. For me both right now, Bartra with his pre-season form and Verm with his general form, are equally bad. Maybe try him at LB where he wouldn't have to mark people. I dreaded everytime an attack came from the left wing with Adriano and Verm there, Atletic players might as well have walked into the box.

Home of Barca Fans