24 - Thomas Vermaelen

xXKonan

What the heck was Alba doing...
Looked he tried to be cute with the ball and went to clear it and messed it up.

Our CBs Masche,Verm and Mathieu today weren't doing bad at all. It just looked like Alba and Alves were trying their best to completely screw them over.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
He's here and he's decent. I wouldn't sell him unless we had a financial problem. Atleast not under 10m.
I quite like him. He's not too old and seems to have aorted out his injury problems.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He might stay as only one CB will be signed and Bartra's the one who seem to be on his way out, or at least should be for his own sake unless he's content with being 4th/5th choice.

Gooner14

I was amazed when you moved for Vermaelen and not Koscielny. Although we would have fought you over Koscielny. Vermaelen had lost this place in the team and wanted to leave, so it was an easy transfer for both clubs and player.

F

Flavia

After the Song fiasco, Verm can be considered an ok signing. At least he scored an important goal vs Malaga. Song only gave us tchakap and this:

tumblr_mn3b8oZ3281rr7t27o1_400.gif

Gooner14

I find it amazing pretty much all the players that go from Arsenal to Barcelona, dont work out. In hindsight, they all looked like good signings, but they just dont work. Even with Henry, his best days were behind him, and I felt you only signed him because you had been chasing him for so long.

Whilst on the other hand, we have so much success when players come the other way. Such was Cesc, Bellerin, Sanchez.

Trickykid

I find it amazing pretty much all the players that go from Arsenal to Barcelona, dont work out. In hindsight, they all looked like good signings, but they just dont work. Even with Henry, his best days were behind him, and I felt you only signed him because you had been chasing him for so long.

Whilst on the other hand, we have so much success when players come the other way. Such was Cesc, Bellerin, Sanchez.

It's pretty obvious, though, isn't it? It takes a much better player to stand out and shine at Barça than it does at Arsenal.

DennyCrane

Well, there was also Gio, who was good. So was Fabregas for half a year per season.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
I was amazed when you moved for Vermaelen and not Koscielny. Although we would have fought you over Koscielny. Vermaelen had lost this place in the team and wanted to leave, so it was an easy transfer for both clubs and player.
We buy a player off you every summer near enough haha. God knows why as most of them have been crap.

Home of Barca Fans