25 - Wojciech Szczęsny

El Gato

Villarato!
I always found it fascinating how Anglophone crowds seem perfectly capable of following and writing names like Watzke or Woitke etc but Wojciech or Wojtek blows people's minds

El Gato

Villarato!
Naturally

Just dont see how the name so clearly similar in the root meaning (both the German and the Polish version stem from the Old Slavic/Czech) automatically gets shortened into the rear syllable
The only root cause I tend to see is the W that throws pronunciation (and thus, imagining & writing the rest of the word)
But once you know W in Watzke is pronounced the same as W in Wojciech, I cant see anything but dyslexia as an excuse to refuse even trying :lol:

pers

One more interesting thing from his interview was that he said physically he looks/feels great but... "getting your eye used to the speed of the ball is the biggest challenge after a long break"

Something I would never thought about.

Andresito

Staff member
Did he train with Juve before retiring? Or was the Euros the last time he touched a ball?

I saw he didn't participate in any of their friendlies but on TM it says he retired 27 Aug.

Loki

@Andresito He had 3 weeks of individual training - 1 week in Warsow and 2 in Marbelle as I remember from his interview.
Yes, he prepared himself for the medical test. But the question was if he trained with Juventus after the Euros because his retirement status is 27. August on Transfermarkt.
According to the news, he didn't train anymore with Juventus after the Euros

Because of their stance, he has extended his holiday for a few more weeks and is not expected back in Turin. There is no space for him at the club, and he will not travel with them for their pre-season training camp in two days.

Home of Barca Fans