25 - Wojciech Szczęsny

How so? Out of respect for Pena from the club's side?

I'd understand it if he was a couple levels better but the guy is the worst starting GK in the league by far. If we want to have a chance for trophies Flick needs to be ruthless and play the best GK.
Pena has the La Masia bonus, I think they would actually be dumb enough to start him again, but Lewy is too respected for his voice not to be heard.

Porque

How so? Out of respect for Pena from the club's side?

I'd understand it if he was a couple levels better but the guy is the worst starting GK in the league by far. If we want to have a chance for trophies Flick needs to be ruthless and play the best GK.

Catalan tax.

They will give him some scraps until Copa season roles around. Bayern (H), Red Star (A), Brest (H) and Dortmund (A). Probably get those unless he screws up major versus Bayern.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

It's another monumental failure of our Special Olympics Sporting Department that we have gone in to the season with a back up goalkeeper who wasn't good enough even to be backup at Galatasaray.

Once again, a higher power has saved us from our own incompetence.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
I am more worried about the expectations of him. For sure, he is not Neuer to be that level of a keeper sweeper.
I think most of BarcaForum knows this and doesn't expect much of sweeping or his ability with his feet.

And honestly speaking, I think most of us fans are now fatigued with this term anyways. After 10 year of having a keeper who is supposed to be the best at this, but cant stop shots reliabliy or is any good 1v1.
Its high time, we go to the basics for once and develop the confidence our defense needs to play a high line.

TemporaryFan

I think most of BarcaForum knows this and doesn't expect much of sweeping or his ability with his feet.

And honestly speaking, I think most of us fans are now fatigued with this term anyways. After 10 year of having a keeper who is supposed to be the best at this, but cant stop shots reliabliy or is any good 1v1.
Its high time, we go to the basics for once and develop the confidence our defense needs to play a high line.
Sometimes, going back to the basics does miracles. Let's hope it is also going to be the case with Szczęsny.

Gazzznigga

Spot on!

Loki

Everytime I see him in the training videos, he looks like he doesn't want to be there.
Thinking probably: "fuck my family, friends and Lewy convincing me to sweat again. Instead I could be lying on a comfy couch smoking." :lol:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Everytime I see him in the training videos, he looks like he doesn't want to be there.
Thinking probably: "fuck my family, friends and Lewy convincing me to sweat again. Instead I could be lying on a comfy couch smoking." :lol:
Nah, he just has that Bull Dog kind of expression on his face - he good. I even think he'll stay for at least one more season as backup.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

I doubt he was planning to retire this year before Motta basically told him to fuck off :lol:

He probably didn't want to go to some small club or random place and preferred just moving to Marbella with his family and chill instead.

TemporaryFan

They don't say it, but Wojtek, after stopping playing for Juventus, said that the only club he would ever play for again is FC Barcelona, so we should respect him for that alone.
I, too, think it was about fulfillment of his ambitions than anything material.

I think playing for a Turkish club or being a sub in a premier league would be too detrimental to his self esteem.
Playing for FC Barcelona, while Lewandowski, his pal, is there too, would have been too much to pass on.

El Gato

Villarato!
This isn't 'self-esteem'. It's fulfilment. Man's done what he wanted to do and just when he was taking his chips off the table he got asked to do one more roll of dice with minimum stakes.
If this was happening during the window as he left, he'd absolutely not consider competing for the spot

Home of Barca Fans