27 - Lamine Yamal

Gnidrologist

How about confronting these dolts with facts. He has scored magnificent goals and made sublime assists for Barca, and already for Spain. Does that bother naysayers?

Messigician

He really ain’t all that

I don’t like these players that are really good this young

They tend to stagnate and not get much better like Pedri or Fati as an example

Or Boney, Iheanacho and the like in the past

Even toss Isco and Asensio into that pool

I much prefer a organic rise to the top but that’s just my hot take

I’m sure bare minimum Yamato will be a great player but I don’t have high hopes for this elite best in world y’all predicting

Hope to be proven wrong mind you

Reactions: BJJ

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He really ain’t all that

I don’t like these players that are really good this young

They tend to stagnate and not get much better like Pedri or Fati as an example

Or Boney, Iheanacho and the like in the past

Even toss Isco and Asensio into that pool

I much prefer a organic rise to the top but that’s just my hot take

I’m sure bare minimum Yamato will be a great player but I don’t have high hopes for this elite best in world y’all predicting

Hope to be proven wrong mind you
Yamal is more of Mbappe’s case.

BJJ

His rise has almost been too rapid but he clearly has a much higher ceiling.
The club has to protect and nurture him properly.
Look at Fati. He came as the next big thing. A few injuries and now he's completely shot. From being Messi's heir to going on loan to Brighton!

El Ilusionista

I don’t think Fati nor Gavi had their injuries due to being overplayed. Just unlucky cases imo. Ansu also went against the advice of the club and refused surgery. Pedri’s muscles injuries are definitely due to being overplayed by Koeman though.

We definitely need to manage Yamals minutes next season. We all knew he is a great on the ball, but what surprised me most is his physical development. He is getting stronger and quicker every day.

He was abit timid in the beginning which is strictly normal, but after the winter break especially after that Betis away game he has been tremendous since.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
World has to accept that despite the recent cautionary tale of Ansu’s injury derailing certain stardom, Lamine Yamal is a generational talent - he will mark an era in the game and write his own story

I see a Neymar profile of star with a better head on his shoulders

World will be inundated with ‘he’s only 17‘ for the coming year ahead

Really has to be taken care of, built around

KingLeo10

His rise has almost been too rapid but he clearly has a much higher ceiling.
The club has to protect and nurture him properly.
Look at Fati. He came as the next big thing. A few injuries and now he's completely shot. From being Messi's heir to going on loan to Brighton!
There's no such thing as Messi's heir because we haven't seen that sort of raw talent in a while.

Lamine is amazing for his age and if he continues to improve into his 20s, he can hope to be a consistent, world class winger, and at the very maximum, a potential Ballon D'Or level player.

Talents like Messi come around once in 20-25 years. Last one before Messi was R9 and before that Maradona.

Nucky

I just honestly hope that all that hype and pressure everybody is putting on the boy doesn't destroy him mentally like it destroyed Ansu Fati + injuries.. Media is already comparing him to Messi, thus creating the unneeded pressure on the boy, he's only 16 after all.. I also hope rumours he'll get 10 next season aren't true, its far too early for that.. Let the kid develop and play first.. Number 10 is big shoes, I'd say a little too big for a 16 year old, but he is currently first candidate for the number 10 if he keeps playing like that.. Stepping in the shoes of football giants like Maradona,Romario,Rivaldo,Ronaldinho,Messi is giant pressure, not everyone can handle it, Ansu couldn't for example..

jamrock

Lamine Yamal came on and produced an outrageous piece of skill that prompted Lothar Matthäus to exclaim: “Maradona, Messi and now Yamal.”

No pressure on the kid

cubarsiyamal07

In my opinion, we should simply enjoy his game, which honestly seems beautiful to me, but he barely scores goals, and that really bothers me. For a forward or winger, scoring goals is much more important than playing beautifully, but well…

I also hope that Hansi Flick gives him a little more playing time and that we don’t end up ruining him. Flick usually doesn’t have untouchables in the starting eleven, and I think that’s a good thing. However, on the other hand, I wouldn’t want Flick to make the same mistake as Xavi: benching him too often and at the wrong moments.

Home of Barca Fans