27 - Lamine Yamal

Porque

We got no money, we can't even get 1 cent for Dest and are struggling to get Porto to show us respect and offer more than 5m with an unfavourable buyback. But don't worry, PSG want to pay 250m for Lamine.

Never change Catalan rags.

companyofcules

Yamal is not only Black African but Magrebian too so I don't think his ceiling is predictable for that reason, since Magrebians had some real talents like Zidane, Benzema (given not all Magrebians are pure Berbers as those two). Messi level there is no way, only one guy was close and he was Argentine. If you show me a black Iniesta I will start to believe that there is a possibility. Black Africans in a big percentage have a different body type. Their abilities are more akin to Di Maria or Haland than to Iniesta or Messi . The only close call to that profile is Mbappe and he is half magrebian too.
Now considering Yamal's actions I would say he can be like Henry or Cr7 with lots of training. So I do trust our boy to be a huge player but let's be real he isn't 50% of Messi in terms of talent. Messi is just 1 in 100 years phenomenon and genetically only Argentina produced a Messi like player. Given his stats while not being a total sociopath like CR7 it will be very unlikely to ever have a Messi in our shirt.

We got lucky then, and given that our fanbase is plastic that craves for UCL results not for buying talents i don't see it in the future.
(That's why the board busted money on Coutinho, Dembele, Griezmann, Lewandowski, Ferran, Raphinha and not on real Brazilian or Argentine talents who need 3-4 years to settle in).
Probably a Argentine will came close enough as talent in the next 50 years but Messi was just insane, and is very unlikely we will play him.
To conclude our boy should never compare himself to Messi, he should compare himself in training and style to CR7. He can emulate his style.

Horatio

You're welcome
Yamal is not only Black African but Magrebian too so I don't think his ceiling is predictable for that reason, since Magrebians had some real talents like Zidane, Benzema (given not all Magrebians are pure Berbers as those two). Messi level there is no way, only one guy was close and he was Argentine. If you show me a black Iniesta I will start to believe that there is a possibility. Black Africans in a big percentage have a different body type. Their abilities are more akin to Di Maria or Haland than to Iniesta or Messi . The only close call to that profile is Mbappe and he is half magrebian too.
Now considering Yamal's actions I would say he can be like Henry or Cr7 with lots of training. So I do trust our boy to be a huge player but let's be real he isn't 50% of Messi in terms of talent. Messi is just 1 in 100 years phenomenon and genetically only Argentina produced a Messi like player. Given his stats while not being a total sociopath like CR7 it will be very unlikely to ever have a Messi in our shirt.

We got lucky then, and given that our fanbase is plastic that craves for UCL results not for buying talents i don't see it in the future.
(That's why the board busted money on Coutinho, Dembele, Griezmann, Lewandowski, Ferran, Raphinha and not on real Brazilian or Argentine talents who need 3-4 years to settle in).
Probably a Argentine will came close enough as talent in the next 50 years but Messi was just insane, and is very unlikely we will play him.
To conclude our boy should never compare himself to Messi, he should compare himself in training and style to CR7. He can emulate his style.
Are u Moroccan by any chance?

companyofcules

By the way his stats can improve, unlike Nico who is a tractor, Yamal is a fine player with smoth ball control. That means he can do way better and it's a matter of training, maturity, positioning and tactics.
My advice to him will be to train his heading skills and one touch shooting from every position every damn day and he will have crazy stats. I will not recommend to muscle up until 21. Let your body grow naturally.

companyofcules

There's no such thing as Messi's heir because we haven't seen that sort of raw talent in a while.

Lamine is amazing for his age and if he continues to improve into his 20s, he can hope to be a consistent, world class winger, and at the very maximum, a potential Ballon D'Or level player.

Talents like Messi come around once in 20-25 years. Last one before Messi was R9 and before that Maradona.
R9 was not close to Messi, Romario maybe?, but Zico is the only Brazilian who was ever close to Messi. Stop watching football if you compare a number 9 with insane skills and a good dribling with a show maker like Messi or Maradona. Yes R9 was impressive but he was nowhere near Messi or Maradona range of play, mobility, dictating games.
You will be a gold member of the blind scouting team of Bartomeu and Laporta2 with this claims.

The only talents outside Argentine who resembled anything like them are Best, Zico, Iniesta, Platini, Isco, Zidane, Hagi and some failed or unknown players to you from Spain, Romania, Serbia, Italy. All of the above mentioned players lacked either muscle mass in their legs or the body shape (Zidane) or the explosion (Hagi) or were not as talented (Platini, Hagi etc) as those two Argentines.
But they had the same type of talent or even play, the same attitude towards playing.

Porque

Yeah there's no problems with Lamine stats. They will improve as everything is technically and mentally there. Not a Muniain for example.

Only issue I have which someone else said is that sometimes he is playing too mature, and should just go on impulse a little more. But thats the plight of the modern football and its micromanagement.

JohnN

Yeah there's no problems with Lamine stats. They will improve as everything is technically and mentally there. Not a Muniain for example.

Only issue I have which someone else said is that sometimes he is playing too mature, and should just go on impulse a little more. But thats the plight of the modern football and its micromanagement.
I said he sometimes is "too mature", if that's a thing. I believe Lewandowski and other seniors in Barca have made him a little shy with their antics when he didn't always pass to them. He should get some bad boy mentality and don't give a fuck about have beens (lewa) and nobodys (ferran, rafa).

Home of Barca Fans