27 - Lamine Yamal

JohnN

scoring is something even messi perfected later on. Yamal is not a poacher, so it's not his main skill.
He sometimes is too mature.. I mean.. every 17yo kid would shoot after that astonishing control.

Messigician

scoring is something even messi perfected later on. Yamal is not a poacher, so it's not his main skill.
He sometimes is too mature.. I mean.. every 17yo kid would shoot after that astonishing control.
Mmm no

Messi and Bojan broke records in youth teams for most goals in history

Yamal has never been a prolific scorer

jamrock

I like many really wanted him to take a step back re starting next season.

But the freaking kid is so good, I can't see that happen.

I just hope we manage him well.

serghei

True. But he needs to shoot more. He often passes when he has a better shooting position than the one he is passing to. When you have option to cut inside, you do not make a lateral pass in those situations. When he clears himself on his left foot, pull the trigger.

Some of his decisions are not a sign of maturity, but a sign of a young age and lack of confidence. Something to work on in the future no doubt.

Horatio

You're welcome
He also needs to develop more shooting strength.

Messi was able to generate a lot of power also because of his build. Yamal has more lean build and will need to develop more.

Andresito

Staff member
He might not be a 20G, 20A player (yet) but he's constant danger for the opponent. There's really no reason to bench him, in spite of his age. If he's better than his colleagues, why not start him?

serghei

He might not be a 20G, 20A player (yet) but he's constant danger for the opponent. There's really no reason to bench him, in spite of his age. If he's better than his colleagues, why not start him?

Yet is right. He absolutely has to become one though. Nobody likes attackers without end product, no matter how cute they are on the ball.

Home of Barca Fans