27 - Lamine Yamal

soul24rage

Yeah thats his favourite move. You can add the cross before Fermin goal against us at the Bernabeu.

I said it long ago, if your team is gonna be built around Yamal - you need midfielders who know how to attack the spaces into the box. Like Fabian, Fermin and Gundo. Not midfielders like Pedri or Olmo who are often going on the wing and bring with them more people. Yamal needs isolations on the wing to play 1v1 and then if he beat his opponent there must be people in the box ready for the cross or rebound after shot.
I agree with this, maybe Raphinha at CAM will help for this regard.

Temptation

I agree with this, maybe Raphinha at CAM will help for this regard.
That's a bizarre take.

If you play Raphinha at CAM, you can only start 2 of Frenkie, Gundogan, Pedri, Gavi, Fermin, New DM.

Also, why are people so confident about Raphinha as a CAM? His dribbling ability is nonexistent and is very poor in tight spaces. If he recieves the ball around those number 10 pockets, do you really think he'll be able to turn under pressure and use his vision and decision making to do something productive?

Gundogan should be the CAM/advanced 8 imo. He excels at making late runs into the box. Fermin is even better at that but he won't get to start over the big names.

soul24rage

That's a bizarre take.

If you play Raphinha at CAM, you can only start 2 of Frenkie, Gundogan, Pedri, Gavi, Fermin, New DM.

Also, why are people so confident about Raphinha as a CAM? His dribbling ability is nonexistent and is very poor in tight spaces. If he recieves the ball around those number 10 pockets, do you really think he'll be able to turn under pressure and use his vision and decision making to do something productive?

Gundogan should be the CAM/advanced 8 imo. He excels at making late runs into the box. Fermin is even better at that but he won't get to start over the big names.
We're talking about options of who can attack the box and there were times where Raphinha was the CAM and Gundogan was a CM even though I prefer Gundogan as a CAM.

serghei

He's a great teenager but it's all about what his level is gonna be at 21-22. So... he needs to improve his shooting by a lot.

I see Saka comparisons. Saka scores a lot of goals at Arsenal. Multiples over Yamal. You can't talk about forwards and ignore the most important metric for an attacker. That is if you aim for a serious talk.

So far, his young age is a good argument for him not being a good finisher. That is why comparisons with players like Saka, Foden etc need to be put on hold. Those are seasoned top class players.

Last edited:

jamrock

Nah he's better than Saka, at the very least just as good, right now without age coming into the equation.

Foden is a different player, and has been natured by pep, perfectly.

22 is legit 5 years away for him, who knows what will happen then.

serghei

Not even close to being better than Saka. He needs to double his goals if not more. If he does that and bags 25 goals next season and keeps it up... then he's gonna be better.

His potential is very high, but potential means little.

Maradona37

Football isn't just stats. You can see by his first touch, his dribbling, his crossing, his game intelligence, that he is significantly more talented than Saka. Of course he won't have lots of goals and assists yet - he's not even hit his 17th birthday.

Now whether he fulfils this potential is another matter entirely.

Last edited:

Maradona37

Saka scored like 10 in the PL minus penalties. Hardly great. And he sucks badly for England. Lamine isn't too far off.
Yeah people talk about Saka like he's as good as Salah or will be. He's miles off in natural talent and stats too. He's really a bit overhyped. He doesn't impress me that much.

jamrock

Last season, 32 starts, 17 goal contributions (7 Goals, 10 Assist) at 16.

If he literally adds 3 to each next season, he's at 23 goal contributions, plus everything else he does to off balance the oppositions defense.

In reality he'll probably add 5 to each.

PS they still a goal from him against Madrid.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Apart from finishing, Saka does NOTHING better on a football pitch than Lamine. Lamine has a better touch, control, technique, dribbling , passing, crossing, movement, decision making, flair, even defends more than Saka. Lamine has done more in this Euros alone than Saka has done in an England kit in his whole international career.

Probably the wildest take I've ever seen on here to claim Saka is better. :facepalm:

Home of Barca Fans