28 - Marc Bernal

Porque

Marc Bernal's release clause is only 20 million

Marc Bernal has been fundamental in this start of the League for Barça. The midfielder is making a place for himself in the starting eleven. According to Mundo Deporto, his clause is only 20 million, but it will go up as the games go by. Five million more (25) after the first 5 games, another five (30) with the next 10 and another five (35) with the next 15. Games with a minimum of 45 minutes.

*Insert excited Pep gif*

*Insert Boehly gif

jamrock

Marc Bernal's release clause is only 20 million

Marc Bernal has been fundamental in this start of the League for Barça. The midfielder is making a place for himself in the starting eleven. According to Mundo Deporto, his clause is only 20 million, but it will go up as the games go by. Five million more (25) after the first 5 games, another five (30) with the next 10 and another five (35) with the next 15. Games with a minimum of 45 minutes.

*Insert excited Pep gif*

*Insert Boehly gif

Here we goooo

Bernal to city
5 year contract
20m euros
Deal to be signed Monday.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Ordinarily a low transfer fee, particularly under Laporta wouldn’t concern me for one of our youth players who aspires to thrive at the club. But now? Feels slightly 2003ish in that there can be legitimate concerns about club’s sporting direction leading cantera players to cultivate doubts over continuity

The flip side to that is the timing of the current crop of Masia talent led by a phenom of the academy that will mark an era (Should he continue, of course), would it be enough to mitigate concerns that he’ll be transfer fodder or forced to accept a loan to Betis?

Bernal is Catalan and unless he’s wired like Cesc, I doubt any fee can entice a local kid to leave if they are prioritized. But, 20M is indeed too low

Porque

Here we goooo

Bernal to city
5 year contract
20m euros
Deal to be signed Monday.

The most ludicrous part is that we just signed his new contract on July 26.

According to reports, Barca have also increased his release clause from a mere €6 million to €20m, in a bid to ward off any potential interest in the midfielder.

It's as if we are subconsciously want someone to bid for him to get a bit of income.

Why not 50/60m atleast.

Don't expect him to go, but we have turned something positive into a potentially hazardous situation.

jamrock

The most ludicrous part is that we just signed his new contract on July 26.

According to reports, Barca have also increased his release clause from a mere €6 million to €20m, in a bid to ward off any potential interest in the midfielder.

It's as if we are subconsciously want someone to bid for him to get a bit of income.

Why not 50/60m atleast.
Yea that's ridiculous, it's like you said for real, they wouldn't have mind someone came in for him.

Now they are probably sweating pickets, now it's all down to loyalty and being smart if he stays.

xXKonan

He's in probably the best position of his career right now being as young as he is and having the complete trust of the manager off the get go.

So I'm not completely worried about his low buyout clause at this point.

jamrock

Kids like him and many others are the reason we should never get our panties in a twist when we miss out in a young midfielder.

Masia cooks in that area of the field.

Loki

You never know, he might pull a moriba.
You mean leaving the club? I'm pretty sure Laporta has Moriba's portrait hanging behind him in the office and he forces every player to look at him and how his career turned out leaving Barca like that before discussing a new contract :D .

jamrock

You mean leaving the club? I'm pretty sure Laporta has Moriba's portrait hanging behind him in the office and he forces every player to look at him and how his career turned out leaving Barca like that before discussing a new contract :D .
Lol if he doesn't, he should.

Should have one posted in the cafeteria at masia.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
You. dont have to worry about him. I don't think he is leaving this Mercato or in Jan.
By this time next year, we will know how good he is, and we will have the money for a new contract with a higher clause.

ajnotkeith

Bernal is 17 years old Catalan and starting for one of the biggest clubs in the world, that he has been with since he was a child.

He won't get that anywhere else and I doubt he'll ever want to leave whilst he's playing in the first team.

Home of Barca Fans