28 - Marc Bernal

Porque

Fuck. I'm devastated. This guy was playing so good, so quick. Of course it had to all come crumbling down.

Alot of game time in a week, a big increase of training intensity. Or just bad luck.

I don't know, it's easy to say now, but should have been off for Casado a bit earlier.

Here's hoping for a miracle, and we wake up to the "not as bad as initially feared" diagnosis tomorrow.

JamDav1982

Had Garcia been on bench he probably would have been.

Dont think he fancies Casado at DM all that much and he is too small when defending set pieces on a lead is important late on.

Total-Football

Dejong was walking on thin ice because of this boy. " on ne change pas une équipe qui gagne" says the truism. Hans would not have changed a line up that has been working so fine to accomodate dejong.

ajnotkeith

Fuck. I'm devastated. This guy was playing so good, so quick. Of course it had to all come crumbling down.

Alot of game time in a week, a big increase of training intensity. Or just bad luck.

I don't know, it's easy to say now, but should have been off for Casado a bit earlier.

Here's hoping for a miracle, and we wake up to the "not as bad as initially feared" diagnosis tomorrow.
I think when you go straight up to Barcelona after one season with the B team it's a huge physical jump, that might have contributed to it, but in the end it's mostly bad luck, I suppose.

It's always hard to know how to introduce players because sometimes taking it too slow leads to injuries due to lack of sharpness, then doing it too fast can lead to overload, but it's hard to strike the balance, especially given how much we needed a DM.

Regardless absolutely devastating for Bernal and hope people are supporting him, this is such a tough moment after he's had such an amazing start to the season.

companyofcules

The blow bent his joint very badly. He has little mass for that kind of shock. The kid put his leg in a very dangerous situation, has nothing to do with being tired.
In EPL they usually go for the sliding tackles because what Bernal did it's a very demanding tackle on joints and you need to be very good in that situation.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Such a shame, as this was the performance where you knew he would be a star. Up to now it's been " He is going to be good, but how good I'm not sure.".

But today, I thought he was the best player on the pitch. The day another La Masia rabbit was confirmed to have been pulled out of the hat.

We can only hope he will come back just as strong, like Balde has. He still has a long long fruitful career ahead of him.

Now, bring in someone who is physically ready. I'd still go for Jose Ederson who is as strong as an ox, but Rabiot in a double pivot on a free isn't the worst option in the world.

Rabiot played in a double pivot at Juve and improved considerably from the player we saw at QSG.

Home of Barca Fans