28 - Marc Bernal

Masetro10

worst possible scenario. Can’t use his absence for cap space either.

Well now we just have to wait for FdJ
He should be back after international break. So basically we get through 1 more against one of the worst teams in La Liga. Should be fine after that. Another month or so then Gavi returns.

Pedri's time to really control games and stay safe playing deep. He needs to come through and be dependable again

Masetro10

Such a shame, as this was the performance where you knew he would be a star. Up to now it's been " He is going to be good, but how good I'm not sure.".

But today, I thought he was the best player on the pitch. The day another La Masia rabbit was confirmed to have been pulled out of the hat.

We can only hope he will come back just as strong, like Balde has. He still has a long long fruitful career ahead of him.

Now, bring in someone who is physically ready. I'd still go for Jose Ederson who is as strong as an ox, but Rabiot in a double pivot on a free isn't the worst option in the world.

Rabiot played in a double pivot at Juve and improved considerably from the player we saw at QSG.
Luckily the CDM role is one of the least required for speed in case he comes back slower or anything. He isn't going to lose any skill or game sense.

Andresito

Staff member
Actually very depressing ngl. Feels worse than if we had lost.

Usually the first reports are kind of close to reality but I just keep hoping it will be some better news. I'll be happy if he plays another game this season but also prepared that he most likely wont. Shame

MagIX

According to a post on X (formerly Twitter) from CaughtOffside columnist and transfer expert, Fabrizio Romano, Bernal has torn the ACL ligament in his knee, and is now expected to be out for several months.

sehu88

ACL-injury means 1 year out. I have had it myself and the knee will never be as good it was before, even though he probably will come back to a good level.
The problem is he will lose 1 year of training, matchets etc and we are fucked because we have no other to play.

Messi983

Actually very depressing ngl. Feels worse than if we had lost.

Usually the first reports are kind of close to reality but I just keep hoping it will be some better news. I'll be happy if he plays another game this season but also prepared that he most likely wont. Shame

Yeah, same here. Still hoping for some positive news today but very unlikely.

Let's hope further tests at least won't show any damage to his meniscus. That's what ruined Ansu. ACL tears are not as career ruining (but ofc every injury is a setback for young players development) these days as in the past and you have players like Wirtz who has recovered pretty fast and is now probably even playing better than before injury. But ofc players have different body types/structures and will recover differently.

Recovery time is not the most important here. Whether he'll come back in 6 or 12 months, club just need to be sure he'll be fully recovered before he returns to lower the risk of a relapse. Don't really trust Barca doctors but can't do anything else than hope for the best.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Nothing brings out scare stories amongst football fans better than a player tearing his ACL. You will hear everything, from his career is over, to him not ever being the same again. It's a bad injury for sure, but nowhere near as bad as made out.

Xavi himself, tore his and was back within 5 months. Totti tore his and was back in 4. Depends on the tear and we will find out the extent of Bernie's later on today.

As pointed out above by Messi983, your only looking at big problems if you damage the meniscus. I suspect the chances of him having done so are very small as he would have been in much more pain.

The worse case here is looking at him being out all season. But he can come back next season and be as good as gold. This injury should not impair on his upward trajectory or potential ceiling as a world class footballer.

Andresito

Staff member
Nothing brings out scare stories amongst football fans better than a player tearing his ACL. You will hear everything, from his career is over, to him not ever being the same again. It's a bad injury for sure, but nowhere near as bad as made out.

Xavi himself, tore his and was back within 5 months. Totti tore his and was back in 4. Depends on the tear and we will find out the extent of Bernie's later on today.

As pointed out above by Messi983, your only looking at big problems if you damage the meniscus. I suspect the chances of him having done so are very small as he would have been in much more pain.

The worse case here is looking at him being out all season. But he can come back next season and be as good as gold. This injury should not impair on his upward trajectory or potential ceiling as a world class footballer.
Good post DJ Laporta

Horatio

You're welcome

you brought needed perspective.

Home of Barca Fans