3 - Alejandro Balde

serghei

He was our starting LB in the league from the 2nd game. Was benched in the opener against Rayo but went to start the next 8 games, including Madrid away.

It's a fact that Balde was the starter domestically but was benched for experience in Europe.

Sure, he's now getting experienced at playing the difficult games, so hence why he is our starter. I don't disagree with the above, it's just a normal progress for a teenager, you don't start the big games right away. You start them when you build your game and get the confidence.

Handling of Balde been spot on imo.

Competitions like EL are good when you can't win the big ones. When you can win La Liga, EL is 2nd rate trophy. He was benched vs United because a place in EL last 16 wasn't a major objective for us. If it was a more advanced stage of the competition we'd have went for it 100%.

CL groupstages came too soon for him. And EL wasn't a big objective. Both of which are spot on for a club in our position. Was a bit of bad luck that the United game came in a period of very tricky away games in La Liga.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

He absolutely should have played in CL more.

Error by Xavi and particualrly in games like Inter where back line lacked pace.

Again v United at home was naive selection in Europa.

Just usual mental gymnastics to not admit Xavi made a mistake.

How can Bale be 'ready' to play in Bernabeu and not at home to Inter when have injury ravaged team lacking pace?

Makes no sense whatsoever.

If Xavi thought he wasnt ready and the backline he put out was better suited in that Inter game for example then he was wrong. Simple as that.

Same with United tie. Got it wrong in team selection to give best chance.

Credit to Xavi for changing his mind on him and trusting him more after pre season but still wrong to leave him out v United and Inter.

Maybe Xavi had that same mindset that Shaw etc is better LB as played in WC and Euros and didnt think Balde had experience.. whatever the reason the alternative was wrong.

Last edited:

serghei

Makes sense from a Xavi hater. Just enjoy titles, courtesy of Xavi and Laporta. Sound so bitter these days as if you're angry we're back to winning big titles. Cheer up ffs. This is a big season for us after 3 years of shit.

Porque

Lucky it happened now, only the timing is luck. I can smell a new great backbone being formed out of these youngsters. If we can add around them about 2 elite players, especially in attack, like an Osimhen or a Haaland, this team could dominate in 2-3 years like few did lately.

I think this is the best thing Laporta has to do. Find a way to land a star in his prime. Just one would do it, and make it the no9. Either buy it for top money, obviously harder, or work your ass off to discover one that is 2-3 years away of possibly becoming elite level.

Actually both are damn hard to do, but in different ways. One thing is for sure, Lewa is going to fade in 2 years max, and we need an elite 9.

If we go the talent route, signing it now and having him rotate with Lewandowski is ideal. You can't groom a no9 at Barcelona, because we want to win titles every year.

Teams core is strong and has tons of potential.

Seems Roque is the chosen attacker.

Btw do you think Octavian Popescu has LaLiga potential if he goes the Barca B route?

Asked In the Transfer thread but got lost in the clutter.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Makes sense from a Xavi hater. Just enjoy titles, courtesy of Xavi and Laporta. Sound so bitter these days as if you're angry we're back to winning big titles. Cheer up ffs. This is a big season for us after 3 years of shit.

Haha 'Xavi hater' to say he should have started Balde and to not accept 'Balde wasnt ready' when he was chosen away to Real etc.

Usual nonsense from Serghie who constantly comes up with mental gymnastics as cannot accept Xavi could make a single mistake.

A bit like yesterday when Serghie holds up Xavi as a 'top' coach for way Barca have won when Lewa not scoring when missing/off form...but when Barca lose? Not Xavis fault at all.. all about the injuries.

Same Seghie who was tripping over himself to call anyone deluded and with an agenda who thouhght Barca had better squad than Man Utd..Dembele and Pedri over rated and all their flaws pointed out... Barca then get knocked out and blames injuiries to Dembele and Pedri.

Same Serghie who at that time was tripping over himself to say how poor Barca squad was in not only being hundreds of millions worth of spending behind Real but worse than Spurs.. all excuses in place incase Barca went out.

Mental gymnastics at every step is the usual from Serghie.

Xavi has got things both right and wrong this season and is learning.

Simple as that.

serghei

But you are a Xavi hater. So wait some time, and you either come back with a grin saying I told you so, or you get shat on. That's the life of a hater. I know you're trying to play it sneaky but it doesn't fly with me. :lol:

The beginning is not kind for you. Big titles in the first full season looking likely. Better pray he fucks it up next season in CL. If he adds some CL success we're talking about Xavi as a full big hit next season.

JamDav1982

But you are a Xavi hater. So wait some time, and you either come back with a grin saying I told you so, or you get shat on. That's the life of a hater. I know you're trying to play it sneaky but it doesn't fly with me. :lol:

The beginning is not kind for you. Big titles in the first full season looking likely. Better pray he fucks it up next season in CL.

Textbook Serghie comeback.

I have argued for an against Xavi when see fit and said Barca would challenge in league when you claimed hundreds of millions off squad of Real etc. You were the one shitting yourself about no titles fo years not me.

Dont let truth get in way though and keep up you mental gymnastics with claims like poor Xavi has worse squad than Spurs.

serghei

Textbook Serghie comeback.

I have argued for an against Xavi when see fit and said Barca would challenge in league when you claimed hundreds of millions off squad of Real etc.

Dont let truth get in way though and keep up you mental gymnastics with claims like poor Xavi has worse squad than Spurs.

I know, that's why I said you're trying to be a sneaky Xavi hater. I'm a bit too old for these games. I smelled you a mile away. Still, I respect haters if they also come up with solutions instead of hating all the time.

If not, then hater is a synonym for a bitter man trying to spoil it for others.

JamDav1982

Serghie - Barca have worse squad than Spurs and hundreds of millions away from Reals squad. Dont expect trophies for years.

Was told Barca have much better squad than that and on par if not better than Real and better than Spurs.

Now Barca win league and Serghies latest mental gymnastics is to claim 'haters' got it all wrong.

Usual Serghie.

Serghie the Barca 'hater' always attacking the players for lack of quality.

Smell it a mile off.

That was easy.

serghei

I suggest you come on board until it's not too late. This team, in this setup, is obviously cooking something good at this point. The broth is boiling nicely.

:lol: What is it with you, first Puig, now Spurs.

serghei

I've had so many dumb takes in 42.000 posts and only JamDav can find two of them that aren't even true. :lol: Look some more.

JamDav1982

I suggest you come on board until it's not too late. This team, in this setup, is obviously cooking something good at this point. The broth is boiling nicely.

:lol: What is it with you, first Puig, now Spurs.

I suggest you come on board with Barca being better squad than you make out and enjoy the titles.

Or keep thinking Spurs have better players and 'tier' above Barca.

Up to you 'hater' who expected these lads to win nothing for years...

Me? Called it. Squad has qualities that can win the league and Xavi has had good/bad decisions and still learning.

Simples.

serghei

Not this time, Jammie boy.

This time I'm gonna let you ruminate on how dumb your arguments are lately.

JamDav1982

The hater would be the one that claime Barca squad are 'tier' below Spurs and that Barca are years away from a league title.

Not believing Xavi/squad could win the league.

Serghie the 'hater' got it wrong and not when win acts arrogant as if others did when was told early doors Barca would compete and not nearly as far away as made out.

Usual Serghie.

This tme indeed.. all above is fact.

Simple

Keep at it.

Home of Barca Fans