3 - Alejandro Balde

Porque

@ Porque, Jonathan David's numbers this season are good this season (21g in 30 apps), but his overall numbers at Lille aren't too convincing for a club like Barca (53g in 126 apps). I wouldn't call him a consistent goalscorer, but his numbers are decent. I doubt if he would come to be Lewy's sub when he can be a starter at many other clubs, especially at this point of his career when he needs to start games way more than ever.

Fair shout. I think the question would be, can he be the striker we need if we surrounded him with better quality than Lille.

Also could he perform a positive shift at LW, so he as you pointed out, wouldn't just be pure backup for Lewa.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
I read some people want to convert Balde to an 11 winger. They never learn do they? :lol: Perfect attacking left back :rockon:

jamrock

Alejandro Balde's five assists are tied for the most by a LaLiga defender this season. The only teenager from Europe's top five leagues with more assists than Balde's five this season is Jamal Musiala, who has seven for Bayern Munich.

I called this one so right, I might get his name tatted 🥰

Andresito

Staff member
Rapid and physically robust is a hard combination to find. I'm sold.

Not only that but he's good on the ball in possession too. Not your typical donkey who is fast and strong but stumbles whenever on the ball.

Imo only weakness is his decisiveness in the final third. Sure he got 5 assists in the league but I feel his output can (and should) be even higher.

serghei

Not only that but he's good on the ball in possession too. Not your typical donkey who is fast and strong but stumbles whenever on the ball.

Imo only weakness is his decisiveness in the final third. Sure he got 5 assists in the league but I feel his output can (and should) be even higher.

True, he's the whole package and is already developing at a very fast rate. Xavi is sold on him too, uses him in all the big games now with no exceptions.

Andresito

Staff member
True, he's the whole package and is already developing at a very fast rate. Xavi is sold on him too, uses him in all the big games now with no exceptions.

Well, except for games in Europe.
Benched in 6/8 games. Started only against Bayern away and United away.

For some reason Xavi thought the experience of Alonso/Alba would be better. L for him.

serghei

Well, except for games in Europe.
Benched in 6/8 games. Started only against Bayern away and United away.

For some reason Xavi thought the experience of Alonso/Alba would be better. L for him.

Nah, when he started the season he was raw and unknown, now he has developed, got more confident, and would start. Didn't he start against United away in the decider?

He's our starting LB now in a clear way. Alba is purely back-up and mostly used in lower-level games. Of course he didn't start the season in this position, but he grew game by game up to this point.

I think he'll start for Spain too. His progress in the last 6 months has been among the highest out of any talent in Europe.

Last edited:

Porque

We're so blessed with how positively Balde has adapted to top tier football. Can't emphasise enough.

Given our finances and lack of fullback investment, damn lucky.

serghei

We're so blessed with how positively Balde has adapted to top tier football. Can't emphasise enough.

Given our finances and lack of fullback investment, damn lucky.

Lucky it happened now, only the timing is luck. I can smell a new great backbone being formed out of these youngsters. If we can add around them about 2 elite players, especially in attack, like an Osimhen or a Haaland, this team could dominate in 2-3 years like few did lately.

I think this is the best thing Laporta has to do. Find a way to land a star in his prime. Just one would do it, and make it the no9. Either buy it for top money, obviously harder, or work your ass off to discover one that is 2-3 years away of possibly becoming elite level.

Actually both are damn hard to do, but in different ways. One thing is for sure, Lewa is going to fade in 2 years max, and we need an elite 9.

If we go the talent route, signing it now and having him rotate with Lewandowski is ideal. You can't groom a no9 at Barcelona, because we want to win titles every year.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Nah, when he started the season he was raw and unknown, now he has developed, got more confident, and would start. Didn't he start against United away in the decider?

He's our starting LB now in a clear way. Alba is purely back-up and mostly used in lower-level games. Of course he didn't start the season in this position, but he grew game by game up to this point.

I think he'll start for Spain too. His progress in the last 6 months has been among the highest out of any talent in Europe.

He was our starting LB in the league from the 2nd game. Was benched in the opener against Rayo but went to start the next 8 games, including Madrid away.

It's a fact that Balde was the starter domestically but was benched for experience in Europe.

Home of Barca Fans