3 - Alejandro Balde

utility73

The only player I was somewhat disappointed tonight with him just playing one bad cross after another. Needs to work on that.

jamrock

He does need to work on that for real, no real direction on most of his crosses, but he'll get better.

bf4k

New signing
once he improves his decision making he'll literally be unstoppable. regardless he still played a solid game

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
He needs to learn to pass the ball. Often dribbles himself into nowhere. A bit aimless. He doesn't seem to have very much end product to combine with his dribbling & speed.

Needs to learn the importance of a good cross/pass.

M3ls

Technically he is good enough to give quality passes, the problem is with decision-making - timing.

This will come with experience.

Gnidrologist

Don't really think that kind of thing comes with experience. It's a popular thing to say, but i don't remember it ever happening.
That said, i don't think he's THAT dumb on decision making. He has made a lot of good assists and dangerous passes in the past. He just seems to be very subdued in some matches, such as the last one. When he decides (or is ordered to) to be more adventurous, he actually creates quite decent attacking actions.

Kul_z

He needs to find partner in attack, as soon someone emerges and understand his movement he would deploy a lot of assists, similar like messi understood jordi alba, it was predictable but almost unstoppable. He'll be fine

M3ls

Don't really think that kind of thing comes with experience. It's a popular thing to say, but i don't remember it ever happening.
That said, i don't think he's THAT dumb on decision making. He has made a lot of good assists and dangerous passes in the past. He just seems to be very subdued in some matches, such as the last one. When he decides (or is ordered to) to be more adventurous, he actually creates quite decent attacking actions.
I also don’t like the expression - it will come with experience to justify the player.

But we are talking about Balde - a player who is excellent technically, has excellent dribbling, speed, balance, and game intelligence. What he lacks is timing in making decisions. This can only be improved through experience.

How good was Alba, for example, in this component of the game at 18-19 years old?

The same Alphonso Davies is still studying.

Home of Barca Fans