3 - Alejandro Balde

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Solid match. Due to Flick's pressing scheme, our flanks are often weak spots for opponents to exploit.
I think he did well do contain danger.

FCMessi

Someone needs to tell Balde to stop the hands behind the back defense Roberto always did even 20 yards away from the box.

you are immediately 0.5 to 1 step behind the winger pulling the Roberto defense.

El Ilusionista

Bad first half, solid second. Flick needs to make this guy train on crossing. We have been spoilt for years by Alba who had a crazy passing/crosses. Needs to watch some vids of Alba. (except that Anfield lol)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Consistency, I'd like to see that - he had moments of brilliance and others where he switched off. The eye for the pass to Dani though, La Masia effect

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Another great game. People keep talking about his crossing and I'm not saying they are wrong, but let's have some context.

The best left backs in the past few years have all struggled with their crossing. Theo, Davies, Robertson, Mendes, none of them are significantly better crossers of the ball than Ale.

People talk about Alba but his crossing was just as erratic. It's just that he had an exceptional connection with the best player of all time, who he would cut the ball back to on the edge of the area to pick up assists.

A full back who is great at crossing is an exception rather than the norm. Ale is coming along nicely and as far as young left backs go, I wouldn't swap him for no-one.

Masetro10

Fellow Culers,
Awesome start of this promising season. I just have one concern--the left back. To be honest, Balde has always appeared that he can't defend and always vulnerable. Can we do something before this week ends? We need an experienced left back who can compete with Balde. Let's act NOW!
What kinda BS is this?

Home of Barca Fans