3 - Alejandro Balde

xXKonan

Wasn't too bad despite being played out of position for most of the match.

Kid has a bright future ahead if he keeps on developing.

mc_lovin

Wasn't a standout game or anything, but you can see the basics are there. He's robust, fast and technically sound.

Sailor Mars

That high boot to the forehead of Lee early in the game could've gone bad for Balde is Lee milked that contact. Other players might have done that.

PhilS

Alphonso Davies 2.0 :wub:

We wish! It's unclear how good Balde will be. He does have catch-up speed, is he the fastest Barca player? His defense is not yet dependable enough to put him on the field against higher-quality offenses. I hope to see him start at least a couple of times every month, but against the more offensively-challenged opponents. I'd rather risk some mistakes from someone with this potential, rather than settle for increasingly mediocre late-career play from Alba and Alonso.

ajnotkeith

Major error by Xavi to start Alonso, lacking match fitness, instead of Balde in great form and who actually has a pair of working legs.

Horatio

You're welcome
Expressed my understanding of letting Sergi play and thought he was decent in the chat. Felt Balde is not ready for this game and showed it when he came on.

Home of Barca Fans