35 - Gerard Martín

xXKonan

I think his future lies eventually at CB tbh.

My theory is if Faye had stayed he would have probably ended up having the role Martin currently has in being a more defensive LB option to back up Balde.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

My theory is if Faye had stayed he would have probably ended up having the role Martin currently has in being a more defensive LB option to back up Balde.
I'd like to have Faye here now, because Martin is really terrible. We need to replace Lewa soon, we need a LW/RW backup and we need to sort our LB and RB situation out. Sure Kounde can continues as RB, but he needs a solid backup/rotation - and Balde just isn't good enough for us and Martin sure as hell shouldn't even be on the bench. LB and winger backup should happen already in January (and now we need a goalie as well).

El Barcelona

Meh I don't see nothing special in this guy, like some say he was decent in pre season but that's all. Don't understand why H. Fort is behind him in the picking order.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Thought he was few years younger. I don't see anything special either. He is good enough to start some matches though and that is enough for now under our financial circumstances.

Andresito

Staff member
He is the 11th player, there to fill the XI. Doesn't provide anything different but at the same time doesn't do anything (that) bad.
He is highly mediocre, but he's able to fill in when others need a rest. Mostly invisible and can't expect much of him.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Faye was a FFP decision, nothing to be done about that

Meanwhile, 3 matches since his arrival at Rennes and he has not seen a single minute of play yet - glued to the bench

serghei

Guy is mediocre, but he probably works very hard for his chance and Flick likes players who give everything once trusted.

1 vs 1 he holds his own vs usual domestic opposition which is the best part about him. Doesn't try to overcomplicate things, which makes him fairly serviceable.

Plus that I get the feeling Flick is not Balde's biggest fan, probably because for a fullback his defensive output is quite lacking.

Last edited:

jamrock

Guy is mediocre, but he probably works very hard for his chance and Flick likes players who give everything once trusted.

1 vs 1 he holds his own vs usual domestic opposition which is the best part about him. Doesn't try to overcomplicate things, which makes him fairly serviceable.

Plus that I get the feeling Flick is not Balde's biggest fan, probably because for a fullback his defensive output is quite lacking.
Nah he likes balde said as much in the interview.

And thinks he has a huge space for improvement, not in the negative sense.

Home of Barca Fans