4 - Ronald Araújo

malvolio

what's pedri's salary? don't think araujo should earn more than him. pedri is more talented and has a higher market value.

serghei

Just make an effort and keep him. Some sort of compromise should do it. He gives up a little, we up our offer a little and that's it. Eventually, make it a shorter contract like a 3-year extension. Araujo should be well-positioned to earn the big bucks if in these 3 years he delivers top stuff.

Messi983

I don't think anyone is disputing he deserves more. But how high are his demands? 6-7m? I'm sure they can reach an agreement in that case.

I still think he'll renew, probably on lower wages at the start of his contract and then raising for 1-2m every season as our financial situation will hopefully improving. I think contracts of most of our new signings/renewals will be structured like this.

Something like 5m next season, then 6-7m in second and third year and 7-9m in last two years. But can obviously get a new contract in 2-3 years if he develops into a world class player and club's finances will be much better. Or if not we can decide to sell before his wages will get too high.

But if he wants 10m+ from the start there is no way the club would pay him that much.

serghei

I don't think anyone is disputing he deserves more. But how high are his demands? 6-7m? I'm sure they can reach an agreement in that case.

I still think he'll renew, probably on lower wages at the start of his contract and then raising for 1-2m every season as our financial situation will hopefully improving. I think contracts of most of our new signings/renewals will be structured like this.

Something like 5m next season, then 6-7m in second and third year and 7-9m in last two years. But can obviously get a new contract in 2-3 years if he develops into a world class player and club's finances will be much better. Or if not we can decide to sell before his wages will get too high.

But if he wants 10m+ from the start there is no way the club would pay him that much.

Yea, so basically, trust the club in this case. Can't fault them for not going back to giving insane salaries to unproven players. Araujo is still unproven, let's make that clear.

But I agree, if he asks for some very big paycheck right away and basically threatens to leave to some other club... sell him and that's it.

Last edited:

Raketa10

I don't think that he deserves more than 5-6 mil per season at the moment. He has one good season behind him and he is an injury prone player. If he continues to improve and keeps performing his salary will rise. However, if he demands something between 7-10 mil than good riddance. I am all in for renewing him, but to be fair I trust the club in this case. There is no way in hell we'll bend over to Araujo or his manager if he indeed demands higher salary than Pedri has. We didn't do it for Demebele or Ilaix, we won't do it for him neither.

Last edited:

feggydinho

what's pedri's salary? don't think araujo should earn more than him. pedri is more talented and has a higher market value.

Pedri's salary might be lower than 3m from what I'm seeing online and Araujo would be stupid to collect something around that (he's got a family, he's older, and has offers from other clubs). personally, I think that salary is really small for Pedri but that's how negotiation works. The ball is currently on Araujo's court and he might be demanding something similar to what we're willing to pay Christensen which is within 6-7m, so the question now is this "is Christensen worth more than Araujo"?

iniestaGOAT

Pedri's salary might be lower than 3m from what I'm seeing online and Araujo would be stupid to collect something around that (he's got a family, he's older, and has offers from other clubs). personally, I think that salary is really small for Pedri but that's how negotiation works. The ball is currently on Araujo's court and he might be demanding something similar to what we're willing to pay Christensen which is within 6-7m, so the question now is this "is Christensen worth more than Araujo"?

Christensen is definitely worth more than araujo. Araujo is unproven, he isn't even a regular for Uruguay.

I don't know if araujo should be paid more than pedri cause we are desperate for good CBs but gavi definitely shouldn't be getting more than pedri

OVI9323

Seems you all forget how injury prone he can be.

Yes he's good, but I think now we should start to be smart and stop bending ourself for player. No player deserves this from us

Yes we should do our best to keep him, but with a limit. Not a fan of this "keep him at any cost" mentality anymore. You want to move? Leave and then let's try to invest smartly on new talent

Porque

I hope that the media don't try to paint him a villain. The amount of time he has gone with a low contract complete opposes that.

vegitot

I remember he had one of lowest. But that was probably before his new contract.

Pedri is for sure more talented and more marketable.

Zidane82

Ara?jo wants to paid like Pedri, Ansu and Ferran, but the club have so far only offered him about three mililion euros net per season, a figure that would leave the centre-back as one of the lowest paid players in the squad despite the fact that he's a permanent starter. [sport]

ajnotkeith

I hope that the media don't try to paint him a villain. The amount of time he has gone with a low contract complete opposes that.

It is already in the works.

He will be known as a traitor money whore who left for his insatiable greed in a few months.

Despite the fact we are probably offering pennies. And whilst he started for the first team for nearly 2 seasons he was only on a few thousand a week.

But never let truth get in the way of a witch hunt against a young talented player.

Last edited:

Joan

It is already in the works.

He will be known as a traitor money whore who left for his insatiable greed in a few months.

Despite the fact we are probably offering pennies. And whilst he started for the first team for nearly 2 seasons he was only on a few thousand a week.

But never let truth get in the way of a witch hunt against a young talented player.

That's a well known Barca modus operandi. Barca boards and their puppets in Catalan media lie like Putin.

I hope we won't keep lowballing for long and let a CB out defense can be build around leave. Offering him a half of what Christensen is about to get is a joke.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We are in a bind. Agreed that we should not offer him crazy wages and I hope a middle ground can be found, but if he does leave, what are we going to do? Spending big money to chase another CB and potentially pay higher wages? Who?

I don't think Christensen was bought to replace him and we clearly need another CB even if Araujo doesn't leave. Also it was reported that Christensen is only going to sign a 3-year deal. :facepalm:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That's a well known Barca modus operandi. Barca boards and their puppets in Catalan media lie like Putin.

I hope we won't keep lowballing for long and let a CB out defense can be build around leave. Offering him a half of what Christensen is about to get is a joke.

According to Culemania, "Araujo charges 2.5 million euros per season and Bar?a is willing to pay him four million net", I think 4m net is not that far off from the rumored 10m gross we offered to Christensen.

Home of Barca Fans