4 - Ronald Araújo

Joan

At some point if Gavi keeps performing as we expect him to it'll come down to choosing between him and FDJ.

Losing Araujo would hurt us more than Gavi since Gavi doesn't have a clear position in the 11.

malvolio

At some point if Gavi keeps performing as we expect him to it'll come down to choosing between him and FDJ.

Losing Araujo would hurt us more than Gavi since Gavi doesn't have a clear position in the 11.

Tru. Signs are that it won't be worth it to not cash in on FDJ, considering the potential fee we receive and the big salary we offload.

serghei

These guys need to close the Dembele saga for good if they continue to demand absurd figures. Move on and secure Araujo and Gavi.

mc_lovin

The Gavi vs Frenkie 'issue' has time. We can cash in on either one of them in a few years. They are both still ridiculously young.

Why would we have to choose between FDJ and Gavi?
As i see it, FDJ would play DM, Gavi CM and Pedri in front of them.
Also, i love Gavi but him reaching or coming close to FDJ level is still a big IF.

serghei

Why would we have to choose between FDJ and Gavi?
As i see it, FDJ would play DM, Gavi CM and Pedri in front of them.
Also, i love Gavi but him reaching or coming close to FDJ level is still a big IF.

Yeah, don't get it either. Did we find the next Busi in the meantime, and I don't know about it? Does Rodri play for us? :lol:

Busi is gone in 1-2 years, and most likely it's gonna have to be De Jong developed for this role.

We can't afford to lose any of Gavi or Araujo. If they don't demand crazy sums and we lose them, this board fucked up badly and is gonna set us back a lot for next season. They can't be this dumb as to bring in the likes of Kessie if they don't think extending Gavi and Araujo is very doable as well.

Both are firmly among our best 6-7 players at the minute. Based on what they've shown, you can't lowball them even if Gavi is just 17. Gavi is likely to be a Verratti level player at the very least.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

We can't afford to lose any of Gavi or Araujo. If they don't demand crazy sums and we lose them, this board fucked up badly and is gonna set us back a lot for next season. They can't be this dumb as to bring in the likes of Kessie if they don't think extending Gavi and Araujo is very doable as well.

Kessie is a separate issue.

In Gavis and Araujos case Pedri just hard-capped the salary they can realistically demand - and rightfully. We will see if they want to stay or not. Nothing more to do there.

serghei

Kessie is a separate issue.

In Gavis and Araujos case Pedri just hard-capped the salary they can realistically demand - and rightfully. We will see if they want to stay or not. Nothing more to do there.

You have to match that. 5m net is probably what Pedri gets or close to that. My worry is the club is lowballing them. Don't know how they thought it up, but bringing in Kessie and losing Gavi is a terrible exchange.

I'm worried the club made some free agent signings, gave them top wages, banking on Araujo and Gavi being good boys, and extending for less. And now they have problems with the numbers not adding up, because Araujo and Gavi are going at it "wait, what about our contracts".

Last edited:

mc_lovin

You have to match that. 5m net is probably what Pedri gets or close to that. My worry is the club is lowballing them. Don't know how they thought it up, but bringing in Kessie and losing Gavi is a terrible exchange.

For our wage structure it feels a bit wrong to have Gavi on the same salary as Pedri, which he should get though, but I understand the reluctance.

Then you have the issue that Araujo and him could probably get 8-9m net elsewhere :lol: In conclusion Pedri fucked up our wage structure... the little rat.

serghei

For our wage structure it feels a bit wrong to have Gavi on the same salary as Pedri, which he should get though, but I understand the reluctance.

Then you have the issue that Araujo and him could probably get 8-9m net elsewhere :lol: All in all Pedri fucked up our wage structure... the little rat.

Nobody stops you from handing Pedri a little raise if he plays like this. Besides, Pedri has 1bn clause. He's not going anywhere.

It's rubbish that they could get 9m net at sensible teams. Probably PSG, but you have to be dumb to trade Barca for that plastic club.

Last edited:

serghei

Besides, I told you my way, don't promote young stars for the world to see them until after you tie them on long contract. We made Gavi a young star. A year ago nobody knew who he is. And now he's exploiting it against us.

He started to play in the first 11, he started to get praised everywhere, played for Spain's senior team in the Final 4 of Nations League, and now we're surprised he has realized he has leverage since other clubs rate him and consider him a huge talent.

Wouldn't be surprised if the more reduced number of minutes Gavi gets these days (he's basically a sub now) is related to us not wanting to spike his valuation even more, and give him even more leverage in negotiations.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Besides, I told you my way, don't promote young stars for the world to see them until after you tie them on long contract. We made Gavi a young star. A year ago nobody knew who he is.

He started to play in the first 11, he started to get praised everywhere, played for Spain's senior team in the Final 4 of Nations League, and now we're surprised he has realized he has leverage since other clubs rate him and consider him a huge talent.

Other clubs already rated him.. City apparently made him a stupendous offer when he was younger, which he declined.

Trust needs to go both ways, pressuring them into shit deals when they are young is not the right course of action. At least in my opinion.

serghei

Other clubs already rated him.. City apparently made him a stupendous offer when he was younger, which he declined.

Trust needs to go both ways, pressuring them into shit deals when they are young is not the right course of action. At least in my opinion.

Not shit deals, but sensible deals. If he had taken it slower with giving them so much exposure so soon, the club would have benefitted more and got them signed for 4-5 years for normal salaries for their age.

Now you get to a position where you have to overpay for your own "product". And overpaying by 1-2m per year is still better than losing them.

mc_lovin

Not shit deals, but sensible deals. If he had taken it slower with giving them so much exposure so soon, the club would have benefitted more and got them signed for 4-5 years for normal salaries for their age.

Now you get to a position where you have to overpay for your own "product". And overpaying by 1-2m per year is still better than losing them.

It's just not very realistic.

Anyway, we are in a position where he either renews on a sensible salary (4-5m net) or we make 50m. I wouldn't say our youth strategy failed here at all (and neither did it with Ilaix).

serghei

It's just not very realistic.

Anyway, we are in a position where he either renews on a sensible salary (4-5m net) or we make 50m. I wouldn't say our youth strategy failed here at all (and neither did it with Ilaix).

Ilaix is no match for Gavi. For Ilaix we actually did great. True, but 50m is not gonna give you much joy if the player turns out to be awesome and he plays for some other rival.

Araujo and Gavi are worth it. If they were some so-so players like Ilaix, this wouldn't be an issue. But they are basically there already.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans