4 - Ronald Araújo

ajnotkeith

What a turn of events :lol:

Who thought Gavi's extension was going to be the tougher one between his and Araujo's

https://twitter.com/ReshadRahman_/status/1511049118478893059

JUST IN: Araujo is the closest one to signing a renewal at the moment. Tomorrow, double meeting ? Mateu Alemany with Araujo?s agent and Dembele?s.
One of Dembele/Araujo/Gavi is surely leaving.

Those are three young, very talented players who have had great seasons so far. Will cost a LOT to renew and if we're renewing all three of them we won't be very active in the market for sure.

Club may think selling Araujo for c50m is attractive especially given it is pure profit. Same for Gavi who would also be pure profit, which is gold for escaping the 1:4 rule and getting FFP in order.

Hopefully Christensen/Kessie/Mazraoui are lower priority than renewing these 3.

Last edited:

feggydinho

One of Dembele/Araujo/Gavi is surely leaving.

Those are three young, very talented players who have had great seasons so far. Will cost a LOT to renew and if we're renewing all three of them we won't be very active in the market for sure.

Club may think selling Araujo for c50m is attractive especially given it is pure profit. Same for Gavi who would also be pure profit, which is gold for escaping the 1:4 rule and getting FFP in order.

Hopefully Christensen/Kessie/Mazraoui are lower priority than renewing these 3.

Araujo has one year left, 30m is the max we'll receive for him and it's still profit

feggydinho

We need to renew both.. They are the future of Barca.. And both know what happened to Moriba when he wanted to leave..

Araujo is good and wanted by good teams, so he can't be threatened by what happened to Moriba. We also have to increase our offer, I think 4m for him now is lowballing.

FinBarcelonafan

Short-term sure, long-term I would still prioritize Gavi.

As much as I love Gavi, Barca can't develop Araujos at all. Gavi is special too in a way he is not normal Barca player because his aggressive playing style but it's way more likely we produce another Gavi than Araujo.

So in that sense I would prioritize Araujo. He is more special to this team and organization.

It's a miracle we have player like Araujo.

mc_lovin

As much as I love Gavi, Barca can't develop Araujos at all. Gavi is special too in a way he is not normal Barca player because his aggressive playing style but it's way more likely we produce another Gavi than Araujo.

So in that sense I would prioritize Araujo. He is more special to this team and organization.

It's a miracle we have player like Araujo.

There are plenty of very good to great CBs on the market and next to no players in the mold of Gavi.

Fortunately it's not an either/or decision. I am confident both will renew.

Home of Barca Fans