4 - Ronald Araújo

Barcilliant

Xavi: "I want my centre backs to be good with the ball, as Eric and Christensen are ideal for that. I think Araujo can be a good right back."

HUUUUGE mistake from Xavi. Why are these Barca DNA clowns obsessed with CBS whi bring the ball out? Garcia and Christensen are soft. Having a soft centre in cl is sucide. Kounde and Arajuo should be cb pair. Xavi has lost his mind.

iniestaGOAT

HUUUUGE mistake from Xavi. Why are these Barca DNA clowns obsessed with CBS whi bring the ball out? Garcia and Christensen are soft. Having a soft centre in cl is sucide. Kounde and Arajuo should be cb pair. Xavi has lost his mind.

every big team wants cbs that can pass the ball these days

Kounde and Christensen is the way

Messigician

Xavi: "I want my centre backs to be good with the ball, as Eric and Christensen are ideal for that. I think Araujo can be a good right back."

We r finished

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
In a back 3 and on occasion, I can see the value of Araujo being played there but he is not a RB. I thought Roberto did a good job when he came on as well

RB, currently, is the weakest part of the squad

serghei

Araujo has to improve his passing a lot imo. He's clearly a weak link whenever we are pressed at the back. He doesn't have to get awesome at it (probably would never happen anyway), just good enough that other teams won't channel their attention on him with the pressing schemes.

Catta

A new RB is a must, we will ruin our best CB if he continues playing as a RB. There is no way that Garcias passing is more worth than Araujos defending ability at CB. Would rather watch Araujo misplace some passes, than Garcia getting turned inside out against the first strong and pacey forward.

Only at Barca passing is more valued than the real attributes needed for a position.

FinBarcelonafan

His first touch let's him down as well. He needs more time to settle down the ball, which means less time to make a good pass.

It's combination of things

iniestaGOAT

A new RB is a must, we will ruin our best CB if he continues playing as a RB. There is no way that Garcias passing is more worth than Araujos defending ability at CB. Would rather watch Araujo misplace some passes, than Garcia getting turned inside out against the first strong and pacey forward.

Only at Barca passing is more valued than the real attributes needed for a position.

Garcia isn't starting. Christensen is. He has been flawless.

iniestaGOAT

Araujo has to improve his passing a lot imo. He's clearly a weak link whenever we are pressed at the back. He doesn't have to get awesome at it (probably would never happen anyway), just good enough that other teams won't channel their attention on him with the pressing schemes.

Yes he was a disaster today vs some random American team

mc_lovin

It's not Araujo vs Garcia, it's Araujo vs Dest and Roberto.

On a side note: Garcia has been quite excellent.

Home of Barca Fans