4 - Ronald Araújo

gregorrin10

Best moment in the game was towards the end of the first half when literally banished Vini all the way to RW. :lol: I guess the diver got tired of getting bullied by our tank. ;)

gregorrin10

It's not really a problem as long as Kounde, Araujo and Christensen are all healthy. We can play all three of them, which is good.

Yep. Christensen is too good to be benched when he's like this. And with him and Araujo already developing some good chemistry and complimenting each other and canceling each other's weaknesses so nicely (just please stay healthy, you two!) Kounde just might have to settle with playing RB. Especially since the market is so bad right now. Kounde at RB is still better than pretty much every RB we've been linked too, except maybe Pedro Porro. So if we don't get him, I'd make Kounde a perma RB, and just buy someone like Arnau Martinez for backup, as he's a similar profile (defensive RB, able to maybe play CB too, which is what Xavi is seemingly going for on the right, with Balde being as offensively good as he's being, and that way if we're looking at the same profile for the backup/Alba replacement, we could bring Grimaldo back on a free maybe, even though his defending is suspect at best, but that's why he'd be the backup obviously, cause Balde is pretty much becoming the whole package offensively and very much so defensively, really improving there too.

And I gotta be honest, with Kounde I've also noticed the too relaxed attitude, which leads to lapses in concentration...especially the latest mistake against Betis was really bad, when Araujo luckily bailed him out, and that's another reason I'd rather not see Kounde at CB...he can do less damage with those kind of mistakes as a RB. Even though his passing might shine more at CB, we've already got Christensen as that profile, don't need another CB like that. You want/need a no nonsense quick and physical beast like Araujo in there to bail you out of sticky situations.

And even though Kounde is great in the air, the difference in height also shows. I think Kounde might be better off transforming into a defensive RB, and he's also got the pace and the passing range to be able to do it. Just maybe needs to improve on his crossing...not that we should be crossing much anyway (please no more Xavi cross, please). Present example would be Ben White. I actually see a lot of similarities in our defenses right now, with White and Kounde being the CB made into defensive RBs, and on the other side an attacking full back like Balde or a technical one like Zinchenko, with Balde also having freakishly good pace, which is why he's even better. I can definitely see why Arsenal are reportedly sniffing around Balde in case the extension talks get delayed, but hopefully after tonight's performance the club puts those talks on the fast track and get that extension done asap!

gregorrin10

Future club legend

Future club captain as well. For me he has to be already be made 2nd captain next season after Ter Stegen...and even that only because of Ter Stegen's longevity at the club, but Araujo has to be next in line for the captaincy. Get rid of the 3 remaining captains this summer. And then no more pussies as our captains please. Ter Stegen, Araujo, De Jong, Lewa would be my choice for the 4 starting next season...and then Gavi after Lewa is gone, and then maybe Pedri as the 4th after Ter Stegen is gone.

JamDav1982

Most athletic footballer I have ever seen.

Absolute freak of a guy.

Kudos to FDJ, Busi and others backing up Araujo every time he slowed down Vini also.

CatalinR10

This guy might turn us all gay by the end of season

don't you mean ,,will" ?

the-addams-family-morticia-addams.gif

Home of Barca Fans